Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biz hub 500 fax

I get this a bit. Usually it's because dial tone detection in service mode/fax is turned on. Check if turned on then turn it off.

copiertech 500+ Posts
    I had a problem like this. It turned out the the customer had a debit machine plugged into the same line as the fax.
    Hope this helps
    Darren

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    that reminds me - I have had strange problems with postage machines or other machines (not a telephone) plugged into the tel port on the copier. If its not a telephone unplug it also don't use a splitter in the jack at the wall one port one cord!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

OK THANKS

Thanks guys you gave me a few more things to check. Heading out there again with a bag full of quarters for the parking meter and a bag full of phone cords. Thanks have a great week.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Basic stuff... dial your cell phone from the MFP. Do you get through? What tel # is displayed? Try dialing this #, you should hear a ring/handshake signal and the MFP should pick up. If the MFP does not pick up then maybe the incoming # is incorrect. If it does pick up and tries to receive but fails, you should get an error report. Your next steps should be based on weather or not the MFP picks up. Emujo

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Biz hub 500 fax

You can turn on the line monitor and listen to it dial, it should be tone dialing not pulse, you should hear the ring and the other machine answer you should not hear a hissing or sizzling in the background if you do they may have DSL on the same line. Also make sure the default scan resolution is not set to 600 dpi most of the Konica Minolta products use the same default scan settings for both scan and fax most faxes won't receive a 600 dpi image they hang up right after the handshake.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ok guys, thanks a lot. It was the marketing area. The funny thing is, the copier that was faxing fine, has the same settings as this one did. The first thing i did was print a report to compare the settigs. "these are the things"

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by copierlady View Post
    Ok guys, thanks a lot. It was the marketing area. The funny thing is, the copier that was faxing fine, has the same settings as this one did. The first thing i did was print a report to compare the settigs. "these are the things"
    Glad you got it sorted.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.