Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    copiertech 500+ Posts

Re: Konica PPLM USB firmware?

If you read Konica Minolta tech tip 954 it tells you exactly which machines are updated using CF and which ones are updated using USB and PPLM firmware.
    Darren

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Konica PPLM USB firmware?

ok i guess its Konicas mistake to include those models in the firmware notes.. i do count on whats posted on SSD to be accurate but unless we're all missing something i guess not.. thx all !

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

The USB drive will flash C360, C652, C652DS, and 463 family. CF card needed for older color MFP. Setup is basically the same but different HEX settings for software switchs and a few setting that are different from MFP to MFP. Only other thing that can bite you is the process is not auto for the C652DS series, you must ensure you select the correct firmware when starting or you will install C652 on C652DS. This firmware is a huge money saver as the MFP will no longer shut down when unit has reached its life. Some of these units (fuser, X-fer belt, IUs) can run 2 times or more w/o any CQ issues. Page scope will display replace message regardless so explain to your customer why they should not call in for service if they monitor this. EMujo

i dont find new firmware konica c452 source for download,please help me

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronco31 View Post
    its got 499MB of .TAR files..
    from the Konica firmware download page its written:

"Special PPLM Firmware file to allow storage on one USB Thumb Drive (Version 1.9) for the following models:
    bizhub C452, C552, C652, C552DS, C652DS, 552, 652, C220, C280, C360, 223, 283, 363, 423, C451, C550, C650, C203, C253, C353"

sounds useful...but i cant find any tech Bulletins or instructions on how to use it...
    any supertechs up to speed on this!?
    thx..

frank
    I'll save you at least some headaches...you can remove the C650 and C353 from the TAR file list...although these MFPs do support the PPLM firmware, you must use the firmware tolkit and flash the MFP with the CF card...all the rest can go on one thumb drive...It does allow the MFPs to run past the recommended service life of the consumables..IUs, fuser, X-port belt..little oil can will be lit but MFp will run until it fails the image quality tests..We have saved a ton of money but you won't be able to skip the usual maintenance with custoemers that have a low threshold for CQ issues. Emujo

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

thanks emujo..
    so unzip the tar to a USB flash drive... then power up the copier with it plugged in?
    do we still have to set those dip switches to disable the message for the specific components?
    thx again!

frank

Jtogmid

Hi all,

Please send me link where can i download PPLM FIRMWARE?

email: cassinitron@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Anyone knows how to get the PPLM Firmware for c280? I got a problem here. Tech replaced Drum Unit. But because of very High Drum Unit count, the new Drum Unit is detected as L4 Error after only 1 week, preventing me from copying. Tech somehow doesnt want to reset Drum counter, saying he doesnt really know how to. Additionally, he says the older Drum Units are still perfect and could be used, but because of c280 age detection I am forced to replace them.

When entering Service mode, I can only reset Fusion etc (by setting a "New Release") but Drum Unit count is never resetted and it is basically not selectable. Is there a proper way/tutorial how to reset the counter? I dont really want to throw away the older Drum Units, since they were tested and still perfectly in shape, but c280 blocks any copying and usage when it decides to give me L4 Error.

Can someone kindly help me out with this issue, how to reset drum unit counter? Paying full price for a new drum unit is way too much, especially when this error re-appeared after only 1 week, and after tech even confirmed the older drum units are in perfect shape.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimb123 View Post
    Anyone knows how to get the PPLM Firmware for c280? I got a problem here. Tech replaced Drum Unit. But because of very High Drum Unit count, the new Drum Unit is detected as L4 Error after only 1 week, preventing me from copying. Tech somehow doesnt want to reset Drum counter, saying he doesnt really know how to. Additionally, he says the older Drum Units are still perfect and could be used, but because of c280 age detection I am forced to replace them.

When entering Service mode, I can only reset Fusion etc (by setting a "New Release") but Drum Unit count is never resetted and it is basically not selectable. Is there a proper way/tutorial how to reset the counter? I dont really want to throw away the older Drum Units, since they were tested and still perfectly in shape, but c280 blocks any copying and usage when it decides to give me L4 Error.

Can someone kindly help me out with this issue, how to reset drum unit counter? Paying full price for a new drum unit is way too much, especially when this error re-appeared after only 1 week, and after tech even confirmed the older drum units are in perfect shape.
    Happy to help with this firmware. Once updated you can then disable the 'end of life warnings'
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk