Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chip Ressetting

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Chip Ressetting

Sorry pepper but you're wrong. If you would take a look at the bin file, you'll see that every new unit has the same data. I'm talking about the CF series and C350/351/450 only. I'm not sure about C300/352, I don't have the dumps.

Quote Originally Posted by ni311 View Post
    Sorry pepper but you're wrong. If you would take a look at the bin file, you'll see that every new unit has the same data. I'm talking about the CF series and C350/351/450 only. I'm not sure about C300/352, I don't have the dumps.
    Hi Neil

Hope you are well , If you need any info on the C250/252 300/352 series resetters let me know and I will be more than happy to help.

Regards

Bizhub

Chip-Life IU Resetter and Technical Site provided by Bravenet.com

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Chip Ressetting

ni311

Like I said I am not sure about those units, but I am certain about the C300/C352/C250/C252 if you check the management list the IU serial numbers are listed if they are not on the chip where is the machine getting the numbers from? That is one of the reasons the manufacturer requires a copy of the management list when ever a warranty claim is made on an IU.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

Chip Ressetting

Quote Originally Posted by ni311 View Post
    ni311

I don't claim to be an eprom expert but I do know the IU Lot# or serial # depending on model is also on the chip. I rechipped a C350 today and I printed a report before and after rechipping if you take a look you will see the IU Lot# for the black IU changes after being rechipped. I know if you compare dump files they look the same, but you don't actually get to see every bit segment on the chip perhaps a good hex editor compare program would show you where the lot number is different.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.

Chip Ressetting

Pepper, I don't want to argue with you but I can tell for sure that on the CF series and C350/351/450, the units are working with their chip resetted until they are running out of developer or the drum get scratched. I'm using for years and I never got one error because of the chip.

Quote Originally Posted by pepper38_cnd View Post
    Now what may be happening and this i why I never recommend rechipping a unit more than once is this. The IU have serial numbers stored on the chip the machine knows the last IU serial number that called for replacement, if it was a rechip the next rechip will have the same number and the machine will think you put the old unit back in.
    So, if the unit is rechipped only once, won't be the same s/n on it? Do you believe that the copier is checking the serial and if it was used already but only once it's ok, but if it was seen twice or more, the problems appear?!

Anyway, I believe the problem is the difference between CF2002 and 8020.
    Are you getting any P warning codes?

Technician

chip reseter

For C250 and c 550
    Ok I buy the chip reseter then I reset the tonner chip and refill them; then the the image units .
    But I want to find the folowing:
    where I can buy tonner for refil an drums(or a rebuild kit) for image units because a image unit can last for ever!

Tanks:

Chip Ressetting

Quote Originally Posted by robizhub View Post
    But I want to find the folowing:
    where I can buy tonner for refil an drums(or a rebuild kit) for image units because a image unit can last for ever!

Tanks:
    First, are you using a resetter now or are you intend to buy one?
    Second, I believe you need the developer and not the toner to refill the imaging units. Unfortunately the IU won't last forever, at some point the drum will be damaged but it will last much longer if you reset it compared with the estimated period of life give by KM.

wavetrain
    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    Hi Mitch I have also purchased resetter from bizhub purely for the reason
    of resetting DSQ8/DS2431 chips ,But bizhubs resetter does not reset eprom page (page 1) of these chips !!
    I dont understand how you can say that yours is working ??
    I have been resetting DS2432 chips for a long time with no problems.
    After resetting a DSQ8 and a DS2432 chip the only difference on the chips
    is the F8 FC FF FF etc in page 1 on DSQ8 chip and FF FF FF etc in page 1 on DS2432 chip, Everything else looks the same yet DS2432 works all the time and DSQ8 Does not work??
    Bizhub tells me that eprom page (page 1) does not matter which is Bullshit.
    I can assure you that if you can not fully restore status page of DSQ8 chip then you can forget about resetting this chip!!
    I do know that you can program a new DSQ8 chip from a toner cartridge and use it to work on IU and this does work??
    Reason for this is because Eprom page is already in its reset state (FF FF FF etc) wich proves the above information to be correct!!
    Why are you guys bullshitting everybody else?????
    Re the DS2432.

I looked at the spec at maxim.com and I note it has a 64bit laser etched unique ID, a 64bit secret and a SHa-1 engine.

Peter mentioned in his post he has been reprogramming Ds2432 chips, has he done so without needing Kinonica's private encription key?

Chip Ressetting

You guys are making this a lot more complicated then it has to be. Who cares what is going on inside the chip? If you use the programmer as instructed, when the chips are put into the IU and the IU into the machine it works! Thats the end of the story.

wavetrain
    Quote Originally Posted by pepper38_cnd View Post
    You guys are making this a lot more complicated then it has to be. Who cares what is going on inside the chip? If you use the programmer as instructed, when the chips are put into the IU and the IU into the machine it works! Thats the end of the story.
    Well as being an Electronics Engineer is one of my trades, I cannot help being interested, secondly I do not have a programmer. I could hook up an interface to read the chip, but as I wrote before, I am not sure about writing to a DS2432.