Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KM VR XEROX ?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts scomeau1's Avatar

KM VR XEROX ?

I'm looking to buy a color copier in the 50 PPM range and can't make mine mind up to go with KM C552 OR Xerox 550 ?

Can anyone please give me your views on how well the KM is to Xerox.

Also how are there repairing and parts cost ?

Thank you for Help!

Scott

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Re: KM VR XEROX ?

either one on a contract will be fine, unlike the 1 eyed xerox drones, I'll quite happily suggest that they are reasonable machines having worked on them in the past. I have always and still do prefer working on KM's though.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I work on both. KonicaMinolta all day long. The FS526 does slow the C552 down a little if you are doing booklets. It only has one booklet stapler whereas the C550 had 2. The copy quality is better on the C552.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    I work on both. KonicaMinolta all day long. The FS526 does slow the C552 down a little if you are doing booklets. It only has one booklet stapler whereas the C550 had 2. The copy quality is better on the C552.
    So you like the KM C552 better than the Xerox 550 ??

Do you think the KM C552 takes less time to work on than Xerox 550.

How about the drums Xerox are user replaceable and KM are not ?

What about repair parts are KM Parts cheaper than Xerox ?

Thanks for any help you can give Sir !

Scott

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I work on Xerox...they are boring....very few service calls.....your better to get one of those machines where you can see the Tech everyday....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by rockin57rod View Post
    I work on Xerox...they are boring....very few service calls.....your better to get one of those machines where you can see the Tech everyday....LOL
    So I guess that your saying hear is KM has a lot more service needed than Xerox ?

Thanks !

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scomeau1 View Post
    So I guess that your saying hear is KM has a lot more service needed than Xerox ?

Thanks !
    That may be one interpretation of my humble opinion....I can say that they also have a lot of "components" ....for example the fuser assembly that can be easily changed by the user....and that is fantastic if you run different size stocks.....I know printers that still use Xerox machines that were built ten years ago....they just seem to think and design beyond the "office copier" mentality...

That may be one interpretation of my humble opinion....I can say that they also have a lot of "components" ....for example the fuser assembly that can be easily changed by the user....and that is fantastic if you run different size stocks.....I know printers that still use Xerox machines that were built ten years ago....they just seem to think and design beyond the "office copier" mentality...
    I agree with you as I realy like that the Xerox fuser and drum can be changed my the user. I was looking at the KM C552 and I'm not sure I like the paper route compared to the Xerox.

I'll rather buy a Xerox but I'm looking at a used 700 with 142K on it but there are asking 22K for it. Lot's of money !

Thanks for your input sir.

Scott

worker drone 250+ Posts

No offense, but since you brought it up, do you get a much cheaper service contract rate since they expect the customer to do all of the service on their own machine?

Also, glass half full, glass half empty on the engineering design, but I always thought it was a little moronic to expect a secretary to exchange a fusing unit that nearly matched her body weight.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I would be offended if I had to call a tech in to change my heat rollers everytime I ran different jobs on different size stock....If your in the print business....being able to change your fuser...so you can have different fuser's for different stock sizes is a brilliant idea....it goes all the way back to the minolta 520/530/530R if you have been in this business for 30+ years....and if you work on production equipment...operators change fuser components.....all the time.

now if you work for an office printer company.....that's a different story.....maybe you can add toner for them when your there.............