Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    CopyXpress

CF3102 Horizontal Line

Hi guys, I have a 3102 here that I'm refurbishing. I've been trying for a week to get rid of this small line that is in all the copies. It looks like a small very faint magenta line running horizontal across the middle of the page. At first I thought it was something in the paper path, so I checked all fingers, guide, all that was good. I swapped fuser, tranfer belts, everything and it never went away. I did isolate the problem a little more tho. When printing a halftone pattern from Tech Rep the Cyan, Magenta, and black are fine, but on the yellow print theres a white line that matches perfectly to the line on my copies. So I switched the yellow IU (with one which I know works perfect) and cleaned the hell out of the LEDs. Its still there. Anybody have any clues for me?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts knightfall's Avatar
    hey copyxpress if you get the magenta line only when you copy and not when you print out a test page sounds like something in the scanner section and not in the print engine, so focus your search there.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

random
    pull out the belt and have a look at the top of the IU's. Sometimes a bit of plastic or something from one of the IU's will rub on the belt leaving a line for the previous IU. In your case probably Magenta.

CopyXpress
    Thanks! Got it, took the belt out and looked across the IUs and found a VERY small piece of plastic sticking up that took care of it