Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

Konica Minolta Bizhub C220 SMB Scan to shared folder - "Server Connection Error"

I had a SMB scan to a shared folder. It was working fine till yesterday. i donno what happened to it since today morning whenever i try to scan a document it represents a failure and error details shows up "Server Connection Error"

Plz Help me as soon as possible.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: Konica Minolta Bizhub C220 SMB Scan to shared folder - "Server Connection Error"

More than likely, your computor has recieved a new IP address and now the one touch button setup to scan back to 192.168.x.x can no longer find that workstation. If you can still print to the device then we can establish communication. If you don't know what you are doing, call a KM tech out to fix it. I would also suggest that you scan back to "Host name" versus IP address.

Re: Konica Minolta Bizhub C220 SMB Scan to shared folder - "Server Connection Error"

1st are you scanning to only 1 pc or more? Or are you scanning to the server? "Server Connection Error" means the C220 cannot contact the SMB PC. There are a few reasons why you would get that error. 1st do you still have internet connection? 2nd: was the shared folder moved or renamed? 3rd: were the share properties or permission changed? Firewalls can also affect SMB.

Technician

Konica Minolta Bizhub C220 SMB Scan to shared folder - "Server Connection Error"

emujo: Yes i can print documents & no my computer hasnt received any new ip!!8050: yes i am scanning to only 1 pc. Yeah i still have internet connection. No the shared folder wasnt moved or renamed. No share properties or permission has changed.

PHD in Sh!t Disturbing 250+ Posts Shadow's Avatar

change the address to the computer name and double check your password.
    the leading cause for that failure is incorrect spelling or changed passwords.
    this happens quite frequently when passwords are changed on a regular basis.
    just something else to check.
    $hit Happens - Deal with it and move on.........................................................................Lock & Load

Technician

what do you mean by changing the address to the computer name please explain fast and i dont have a password.

copiertech 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sulabh View Post
    what do you mean by changing the address to the computer name please explain fast and i dont have a password.

If you go to a command prompt on the computer and type in "hostname" (without the quotes) it will give you the name of the computer. I think you have to set up DNS if you scan to hostname. Although I could be wrong about that.
    Darren

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King View Post
    If you go to a command prompt on the computer and type in "hostname" (without the quotes) it will give you the name of the computer. I think you have to set up DNS if you scan to hostname. Although I could be wrong about that.
    Darren
    DNS stands for Domain Name System and is a requirement for a computer or domain name to be resolved to an IP address. When using names rather than IP addresses, you are essentially still using an IP address for the communication, but the DNS server provides the updated IP address.

As for the scanning issues, try disabling your AV / Firewall as you may have recieved an update to the software that is causing the connection error. If this is the case, then speak with the software provider on how to create an exception for your copier. On the flip side, it may have also been a MS Update on your PC, but that will be very hard to track down.

Other things to look at:

1. Ensure that the One Touch button is correctly configured with the Path and User credentials
    2. If you don't use a password for the copier to scan with, create an account for it to use with a password
    3. Ensure the copier can see your computer by going to Admin Settings > Network Settings > Detail Seting > Ping Confirmation
    4. Ensure that the share is still visable on the network via another computer or locally (\\localhost\sharename)
    5. Ensure that Windows is correctly configured for a Home or Work network otherwise file sharing will be turned off (Windows Vista and Up)
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sometimes depending on the situation I will create a new local user account on the computer usually named "bizhub" with a password. Create a folder on the C drive named "scans" and set the permissions. The set the hostname of computer and the new username/password in pagescope. In pagescope i type in"scans" to where the folder location is. This way you can be sure the login credentials are right. You just create a shortcut to the scans folder on the desktop of the users normal local account.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Technician

Hey darren, i use ip address to connect my machine to the system.. But the host name in the machine and the hostname of ma pc differs. Could any of you help me in setting up the machine settings from the begginng???