Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Re: bizhub PRO 950, gathering paper in the drum cleaning unit and beyond ...

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    there's really no sense in posting if you're not going to read the whole thread.

The separation/transfer unit was replaced
    I did read it, don't remember seeing that he did. But in retrospect I believe Blackcat know's what he is doing.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    bizhub PRO 950, gathering paper in the drum cleaning unit and beyond ...

Quote Originally Posted by RRodgers View Post
    ... but in retrospect I believe Blackcat know's what he is doing.
    Hah ... that makes one of us, but thanks RRogers, I appreciate the support.
    It's not like KM was doing anything to help.

Sadly being under the bus is the norm, not the exception any more. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Machine #2 ate 7 pages of white paper yesterday, three in the primary, four in the cleaning unit. Machine #2 got the full time drum claws today.

If this is effective I'll try an intermediate step. In DIPSW 07-4 (set to 1) I can keep the drum claws engaged through the entire job, rather than just a few milliseconds at the leading edge. Transfer assist for side #1 hasn't helped. I'll post any updates. =^..^=

Did you ever try the T/S unit?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

yes they have replaced both...

but i did just think of another issue, on the older machines 7255 7272, after 3-5m the machines lost bias at the drum.

Quote Originally Posted by methogod View Post
    ... we just run our stock set at PINK or GREEN, darker colors get a higher charge- its in the service manual/theory.

if its white 20# getting stuck, run as color yellow, if its blue, run as the next color up that increase the T/S...
    I've been giving this some thought (while fishing blue paper out of the cleaning unit today). What possible difference could it make to label the paper as a different color? Then I remembered that this machine uses a reflective registration sensor. Perhaps colored paper reflects back less light to the receiver? So today I made sure that each tray is properly matched with the correct paper color. Thanks again for the constructive suggestions.

=^..^=

Following up: I think methogod hit the mark with his comments on paper color settings.

The full time drum claws prevented multiple wraps, but also resulted in broken drum claws, and didn't entirely stop the wraps.
    I would frequently find 5 or more different colored papers in a single tray. I worked with the keyops to designate trays for the most common colors. After a lot of resistance, we finally agreed to try it for a week.

I must say I really enjoyed this conversation. Six teachers are in the room, talking amongst themselves, while I'm talking with the office person:
    office person: " ... you don't understand. Teachers are just too ... well, dumb to make these settings by themselves." ***new silence***
    me (glancing over at the audience): "That can't be true." addressing the audience: "You can learn how to make paper settings, can't you?"
    audience (everyone speaks at once): "Of course, we use the machine all the time ... " office person rollers her eyes.
    me: "Who can join me for a minute, to look at these settings?"
    audience: "Yes, of course ..." everyone follows me.
    (office person could not have played her part better. Everybody wanted to prove her wrong. I was delighted. And she may be right about teachers, but it got the desired result. I got their undivided attention for 5 minutes.)

Zero jams that week. Shall we try another week, Yes? And so on. I think they're starting to see the benefits. And I may not be an idiot after all (at least not about that one thing ...). Thanks methogod. =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I aim to please....

i have seen some random stuff with this series 920/950's...

We run (at my shop) alot of self mailers, just duplexed 8.5x11 on several (7) of them, mostly on PINK, Yellow, and other color paper (always 24/60#). I have 2 machines, one with over 17 million and the other with 9 million that for some reason like to get caught at the drum, never had it wrap completely as BLACKCAT did, but similar issues.

I think its from one of the HIGH VOLTAGE UNITS NOT HOLDING AT THE CORRECT VOLTAGE DURING PRINTING, so even though in a normal office you would WANT TO REPLACE THE FAULT, the best test is to run all paper set as PINK or YELLOW, which will slightly change the VOLAGES ALL AROUND, and help make the paper stick to its paper path.

I always keep a spare fuser ready to swap out because they fail early all the time. Sometimes web issues, other times just uneven wear on the rollers. I would stay away from GENERIC toner with these unless you have the recycling unit installed. Just a head ache you can avoid.

Biggest draw backs are warm up time in general, cold start time (over 7 minutes), i would think in a office you would not let it go to sleep just LOW POWER, but that does shorten the life of the fuser as a entire unit.

Some suggestions for productions shops are take off all the safty covers over the fuser, and the process unit, pull the ozone filters, they don't stop the fine toner any way.

I hope they fixed the fusing issues in the next series... but i doubt it...

Technician

did you figure out what was wrong?

Technician

Just like to say this thread has been a real pleasure to read.Better than a course on the machine in many respects. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk