Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Re: bizhub 223 deveroper unit question

I hate the 421 series. Big piece o crap. The 423 is great except for the old style drum and dev unit. I expect this series the last to use this engine. Could be wrong though.

I have several of this series out there and I have only had 2 odd problems. One was an ADF issue....another was a board blown due to the polarities being reversed on the electrical outlet...irony is that this was at an electrical supply store. Other than that I've done 2 PMs on a machine at a school that uses the crap out of it.....
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    bizhub 223 deveroper unit question

We had a 200 that saw a lot of use go 6 PM-PM cycles without a single other call, we have had 200s doing many single prints eat developing units and destroy the drum before the 1st PM.

With the white collars in place on the XX3 series I think they have a lot of potential imo, but now the fusers seem to be a weak link.

The 420-501 PMs take forever !! 200 series quick and easy.

cbalin

Hey Guys'
    Not to be funny but I have a developer kit that I ordered for my Bizhub 223, I was wondering, where it goes in the printer ? Does it go inside of the drum unit ?
    Thanks for all help.
    CB

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cbalin View Post
    Hey Guys'
    Not to be funny but I have a developer kit that I ordered for my Bizhub 223, I was wondering, where it goes in the printer ? Does it go inside of the drum unit ?
    Thanks for all help.
    CB
    There are specific steps in all this. You just can't stick these parts in the machine and it work. What did you order exactly, the developer unit?. I hope you also have a package of developer. And usually you replace drum same time as developer. You have to clear the life counters, install the unit then you have to run TCR adjustment in service mode.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cbalin

Quote Originally Posted by wseyller View Post
    There are specific steps in all this. You just can't stick these parts in the machine and it work. What did you order exactly, the developer unit?. I hope you also have a package of developer. And usually you replace drum same time as developer. You have to clear the life counters, install the unit then you have to run TCR adjustment in service mode.

Thanks for quick reply. I ordered dv411 and the drum unit with the blade, I can see where the drum unit goes but couldnt locate where I need to put/refill the developer unit. I searched online but couldnt find anything but you guys seem helpful.
    Thanks again.
    If there are steps somewhere you can direct me to, ill look into that too.
    Thanks again

OK so you are going to change drum and developer. The developing unit itself last much longer. So you first need to reset the life counters in service mode for the drum rotation time, developer use time, and the paper dust collector assuming your drum comes with one. Turn off copier and open right door. You may have to remove a small cover (one screw) on the right side of the image unit to access the connector. Unplug connector and pull out entire image unit. Remove two silver screws from each side and separate the drum unit from the developing unit. On the developing unit there are three non magnetic screws in top to remove the lid. Dump out all the developer. Get as much out as possible. I rotate the roller forward to help convey it into the reservoir and keep dumping it out. Fill with new developer and put it all back together. Turn on copier. Asap go to service mode - image adjustment - trc adjust. Select black and press start. Wait couple minutes for it to finish and exit service mode. Personally I suggest you have someone experienced do it but otherwise good luck.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

If you are not a tech you most likely will need one. This kind of work usually cannot be done by endusers.

Hans

Quick question. I ran into a situation that I need a drum unit and I won't have any for a few days. Feasibly could I reuse a drum unit and just replace starter. And do the functions that I normally would? It will it cost me? How about resetting the drum and developer counters will that throw a atdc code? I know there is firmware for this. Thanks
    brent

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brent View Post
    Quick question. I ran into a situation that I need a drum unit and I won't have any for a few days. Feasibly could I reuse a drum unit and just replace starter. And do the functions that I normally would? It will it cost me? How about resetting the drum and developer counters will that throw a atdc code? I know there is firmware for this. Thanks
    brent
    If it isn't producing lines, just let it run until you get the new drum. It won't shut down on you.
    Yes there is firmware to shut off the messages and and it will run until drum and dev are truely cooked. If you are authorized KonMin tech you can find it on MyKonicaMinolta.com.