Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    giorgio90

Exclamation Konica C6500 jagged lines

Hello everybody,

This is my first post in this forum and I have a problem that apparently not even my service partners can't solve.
    Problem: If i draw simple paralel line of C M Y K, the Magenta and Cyan lines are jagged. Same thing in graphics like text composed of those colors, white text in cyan or magenta background. Black and yellow perfect lines. It seemes like the M and C lines are made of little dots.
    The file is vector ! and the jagged lines appear only on Cyan. Mangenta or any othe colors that includ theese 2.

We tried with no luck:
    - changing the writing heads (lasers)
    - cleaning the registration sensor
    - changing the drums units (all new)
    - transfer belt (almost new)
    - Calibrating
    - adjustments in service mode.
    jagged lines.jpg
    I am out of ideeas, what should I do? Any suggestions? Has anyone came accros this problem?
    PS: I will post a clear photo tomorrow, but is difficult to take a picture so that you notice. I made a file that should give an ideea of the problem.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Konica C6500 jagged lines

Lightbulb Re: Konica C6500 jagged lines

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

giorgio90

Re: Konica C6500 jagged lines

I have uploaded a photo of the problem. As you can see the CYAN and MAGENTA lines, and othe colors with this 2 in composition
    Attached Images Attached Images

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Seems to me that's a simple problem of chosing another screen (line1 instead of dot1, or similar), turning on smoothing or turning off text thining.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

giorgio90

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Seems to me that's a simple problem of chosing another screen (line1 instead of dot1, or similar), turning on smoothing or turning off text thining.
    I've tried that too. The print is identical, regardless of the setting I use.

Quote Originally Posted by giorgio90 View Post
    Hello everybody,

This is my first post in this forum and I have a problem that apparently not even my service partners can't solve.
    Problem: If i draw simple paralel line of C M Y K, the Magenta and Cyan lines are jagged. Same thing in graphics like text composed of those colors, white text in cyan or magenta background. Black and yellow perfect lines. It seemes like the M and C lines are made of little dots.
    The file is vector ! and the jagged lines appear only on Cyan. Mangenta or any othe colors that includ theese 2.

We tried with no luck:
    - changing the writing heads (lasers)
    - cleaning the registration sensor
    - changing the drums units (all new)
    - transfer belt (almost new)
    - Calibrating
    - adjustments in service mode.
    jagged lines.jpg
    I am out of ideeas, what should I do? Any suggestions? Has anyone came accros this problem?
    PS: I will post a clear photo tomorrow, but is difficult to take a picture so that you notice. I made a file that should give an ideea of the problem.

Importantly: The composition of the image is done via a dot dithering (Halftone, Dotscreen, etc) screening values ​​can be edited with the EFI PrintServer Software, understand that.. for a good definition of the image, the resolution of the file or Original, should be optimal.

giorgio90

Quote Originally Posted by jma676 View Post
    Importantly: The composition of the image is done via a dot dithering (Halftone, Dotscreen, etc) screening values ​​can be edited with the EFI PrintServer Software, understand that.. for a good definition of the image, the resolution of the file or Original, should be optimal.
    As i mentioned, the print was done from CorelDraw, and the lines are vectors. The problem is why only the Cyan and Magenta? If it was all the colors, it would be easier the diagnose, but the lines are identical and jagged only on the 2 colors.

Question: Does it happen when running the copier internal test charts? I'm thinking of the Manual Color Registration chart or the Test Chart no55.

If you can't see any sign of jaggedness on these charts, then it's a controller issue. Check if there are any patches for the Fiery, or, if you're pretty sure the machine didn't do that before, you could try and consider reinstalling the controller software.

If the machine test charts show that behaviour, then you could look at some form of laser adjustments and/or defect.
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

giorgio90

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Question: Does it happen when running the copier internal test charts? I'm thinking of the Manual Color Registration chart or the Test Chart no55.

If you can't see any sign of jaggedness on these charts, then it's a controller issue. Check if there are any patches for the Fiery, or, if you're pretty sure the machine didn't do that before, you could try and consider reinstalling the controller software.

If the machine test charts show that behaviour, then you could look at some form of laser adjustments and/or defect.

When I print from the machine the color charts, the result is perfect lines, regardless the color intensity (100-150-255).
    Tomorrow I will receive the fiery reinstll kit software. Hopfully that will do the job, if not, I don't know what else to do.
    If if prints the color charts ok, could it still be the image processing board?

Quote Originally Posted by giorgio90 View Post
    If if prints the color charts ok, could it still be the image processing board?
    In theory yes, since there's a part of it that deals exclusively with the data received from the Fiery.

If you have a similar machine nearby, you could briefly swap the fierys to see if the trouble travels with the fiery.
    Mascan42

Ibid