Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    C2557 on BizHub 200

Re: C2557 on BizHub 200

I don't get it. We have a boatload of these machines outside but we never had to change solenoids, boards, motors whatever because of this code.

Once we had a defective ATDC sensor and once a worn wiper for the ATDC sensor. That's it. We ALWAYS change the drum and developer completely as a pair without exception when they reach either the rated 80K for paying customers or for our rentals 120K with corresponding dipswitch settings of course.

Most important however is that ALL counters (PC Life, I/C Life and Developer) are reset to zero. Recheck again and again if they are really at "0". Often the developer counter comes back to "1" instead of "0" and resetting has to be done once again. After every reset you must switch off the machine with the fat main switch at the back and wait for about 20 seconds before turning on again. I reset the counter with the right hand door open so the machine will not start up.

Leave the side door open and go to f8 and Start and only NOW close the side door. This is what I am doing almost every week (Had two today by coincidence) it worked always until now.

Rule: Begin with proper resetting of the counters, replace drum and starter with new ones and ofcourse don't leave any old developer in the chamber cause when this mixes wit the new developer everything will be messed up.

Hans

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    I don't get it. We have a boatload of these machines outside but we never had to change solenoids, boards, motors whatever because of this code.

Once we had a defective ATDC sensor and once a worn wiper for the ATDC sensor. That's it. We ALWAYS change the drum and developer completely as a pair without exception when they reach either the rated 80K for paying customers or for our rentals 120K with corresponding dipswitch settings of course.

Most important however is that ALL counters (PC Life, I/C Life and Developer) are reset to zero. Recheck again and again if they are really at "0". Often the developer counter comes back to "1" instead of "0" and resetting has to be done once again. After every reset you must switch off the machine with the fat main switch at the back and wait for about 20 seconds before turning on again. I reset the counter with the right hand door open so the machine will not start up.

Leave the side door open and go to f8 and Start and only NOW close the side door. This is what I am doing almost every week (Had two today by coincidence) it worked always until now.

Rule: Begin with proper resetting of the counters, replace drum and starter with new ones and ofcourse don't leave any old developer in the chamber cause when this mixes wit the new developer everything will be messed up.

Hans
    Same here. I was thinking that. 300+ of them, 5+ years old, but you never know. Sometimes the most difficult problems have simple answers. Have you heard about my beeping bizhub?
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jjohnston12385 View Post
    Hey guys, I've got a problem machine that I was on for several hours today and drove me insane. It is constantly throwing the above mentioned error code no matter what I have changed. I just replaced the drum/developer/developing unit last week, cleared the counters and ran F8 in the function menu. All was fine til yesterday when the code popped again. For testing purposes, I replaced the 3 components again and when I ran F8, I noticed that the toner bottle wasn't spinning. I removed the toner replenishing drive unit and cleaned the two solenoids with luck. I replaced the pwb board in the rear of the machine and that had no effect either. At this point I'm completely stumped and don't know what else to do. I ordered a sub hopper assembly thinking the sensor could be bad there but I don't have a whole lot of faith in that being the culprit.

Thanks in advance for any/all help!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    replace solenoinds(sld1 and sld2)not clean.if you clean and remove the foam, the big solenoid will not demagnetize and stay open.so replace solenoids.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    C2557 on BizHub 200

replace solenoinds(sld1 and sld2)not clean.if you clean and remove the foam, the big solenoid will not demagnetize and stay open.so replace solenoids.
    Well IF one wants to play around with solenoids and those patches cause of the dreaded C-2557 code than it would be IMHO sufficient to replace only the patches with something suitable to prevent the solenoids from sticking due to magnetic force. At least that's what we are doing with solenoids for older models such as the MagiColor printers.

Hans

Quote Originally Posted by jjohnston12385 View Post
    Hey guys, I've got a problem machine that I was on for several hours today and drove me insane. It is constantly throwing the above mentioned error code no matter what I have changed. I just replaced the drum/developer/developing unit last week, cleared the counters and ran F8 in the function menu. All was fine til yesterday when the code popped again. For testing purposes, I replaced the 3 components again and when I ran F8, I noticed that the toner bottle wasn't spinning. I removed the toner replenishing drive unit and cleaned the two solenoids with luck. I replaced the pwb board in the rear of the machine and that had no effect either. At this point I'm completely stumped and don't know what else to do. I ordered a sub hopper assembly thinking the sensor could be bad there but I don't have a whole lot of faith in that being the culprit.

Thanks in advance for any/all help!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    hi there, actually this problem i face already, so u just focus 2 solenoid at drive hopper unit, if u had spare part change it, if you don't have, you can modified 2 solenoid with something that insulate. coz the solenoid is sticky that way c2557 is appear. i hope this can help u. ^^,