Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OCCopierGuy

Angry Problem producing true RED on Konica Minolta C6500

I have been very frustrated with my new Konica Minolta C6500. I was very impressed by the showroom samples. However, trying to print from my shop is a complete different story. The main issue is that the red is very week (light) and so what should look like red is coming out orange. The service tech said it is just the way teh machine is, but I seriously doubt that, because the Fiery test page (Fiery logo and test patterns) looks orange.

Anyone insight or suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Haroldbfix's Avatar
    Ive seen a similar problem. A print shop was printing a image of a signal light. and the red was orange, the Fiery's test page was also light. the test pattern was light as well. After much time spent on this issue. It turned out to be the gamma sensor. We replace the unit and recalibrate the machine and the Fiery. Hopefully this saves you some time

random
    This is correct, there is new colour registration assy that resolves the problem with orangey reds and purpley blues.

same problem in Europ

The PGC sensor is defective on several C6500, you can check the sensor in technical mode, the value should be between 90 and 110 max. you also can see the deviation through the colorwise calibrator. the curve are flat near to 85%.
    It is necessary to replace this sensor before adjustement. the board of new sensor is completely different that the old one.
    kind regards

Twinax

OCCopierGuy
    Thanks for the feed back guys. I will get on my techs.
    Much appreciated!!

OCCopierGuy
    Just had the service tech replace the color registration assy with the(gamma ray sensors) and the machine is now producing incredible red. Thanks a lot guys.

Bruce Wayne

Where do you find the values?

Hello I read your comment and would like to know where you view those values and when you say PGC sensor are you referring to the Color Reg. Assy that has been updated?

Quote Originally Posted by twinax View Post
    The PGC sensor is defective on several C6500, you can check the sensor in technical mode, the value should be between 90 and 110 max. you also can see the deviation through the colorwise calibrator. the curve are flat near to 85%.
    It is necessary to replace this sensor before adjustement. the board of new sensor is completely different that the old one.
    kind regards

Twinax

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Problem producing true RED on Konica Minolta C6500

Can you share with us the part number of that assy or is it the same with the old one from pm?

Bruce Wayne

Part Number

Part Number is A03UR79800.

Technician
    I am sure you did this, but make sure its calibrated as well... should calibrate depending on how picky you are about color any where from once a day, to once a week. Also, from time to time you can run the "execute adjust operation" I dont usually recomend running the belt refresh, it does not do a whole lot and takes forever to complete. but the other three adjustments will help with a lot of copy quality issues as well as making sure you do these adjustments prior to calibration.