Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    bizhub 224 / 445 mac settings

Hi,
    Can anyone with more Mac experience guide me with driver or machine settings for getting the best quality from pdf prints.
    The customer had a ricoh previously and finds the new 454 a bit flat on the colour quality.I have used "print as image" and various settings to improve a bit but if anyone with Mac expertise let me know how they set them up I would very much appreciate it.
    Cheers all.
    Last edited by dickierock; 12-03-2013 at 08:45 PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: bizhub 224 / 445 mac settings

Hi

That's not so easy, because ricoh has a original postscript driver and KM use a emulation... there is a big difference.
    I get the best quality with a self created icc profile... no chance to get a good solution without your own profile! buy a colormeter from xrite or something like that.

there are different decisions... always follow a line not cross over!

Level 1, in Software:
    If your customer use adobe software, (color-management by software or by printer) use printer for solid prints but the colors are not really true. It's also a question of cmyk or RGB, use by Software only if you have your own created icc, and copy it in library>colorsync>profiles, after you can choose in dropdown menu.

Level 2, in OSX:
    Driver Adjusments but Mac based, >Colorsync: by ICC or by Printer (use printer or icc if you have your own and your software have not a own color-management choice)

Level 3 in Printer Driver:
    in the quality tab (i don't know the english driver mask but hope you understand)

1. pure black > on

2. raster > gradation

3. color typ >metric (the last one in the list) and make the sam adjustments for 3 areas, texts photos and graphics

... i loose many many many hours by testing the different adjustments and have now a lot of experience with the machines... and had never found somebody who can explain me the best adjustments... because you have to know the mac/the adobe software/the bizhub machines all together and not only a part, thats difficult.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Smile Re: bizhub 224 / 445 mac settings

Occus,thanks very much for your input,
    I will look at these and just one other thing.
    I notice the mac's are very slow to spool the print job?It seems to take a long time on the print queue.
    Is this an issue with the konica minolta mac drivers?
    Is there anything can be done to improve this?

Many thanks Occus.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: bizhub 224 / 445 mac settings

slow printing? compared to what? to the rico or to PC Windows?
    Windows use printerlanguage PCL and Mac use Postscript. And 1 sentence code in pcl is a hole page code in PS, of corse the PS is slower than PC Windows.

The rico use original PS, which can speed up, i don't know...

-update your network to 1000mbit.

-try to install the printer with a other protocol, bonjour or not IP... if you get a error (IPP V2 not supported) take the IP protocol.