Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Need to format the HDD on a Konica Minolta C552

Re: Need to format the HDD on a Konica Minolta C552

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    I was just letting the other poster know it was an old thread, and they would probably get better advice if they started a new thread with a subject pertaining to newer hardware.

Nothing against you. Your advice was sound, which is why I didn't quote your post. I've experienced the same thing with "4" and "4e" as well. With the more modern copiers I've gotten to the point where, if I'm not at a customer's site, I just do the physical to start with.
    No offence taken. I only quoted you so other members didn't think it was just for older models only (which come to think of it even the 4 series is getting old)

Ouch! With doing physical format in customers office. I've had it take hours to do physical format. How do you do it? Do you stop back later in day? What if the customer is not under contract, how do you bill them for that. Hope I never have to do it but just in case. Fortunately only had to do in shop.

Added after: I misread the post and see you said when NOT in customers office. Oh well perhaps my post will still help someone to know it takes hours and may want to try just the logical format first!
    Last edited by copyman; 03-22-2020 at 01:44 PM.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

I think what femaster means is to do physical formats only on devices in service shop, not at client sites, basically same as you do.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    I think what femaster means is to do physical formats only on devices in service shop, not at client sites, basically same as you do.
    By the way do you think anything I post is helpful and you like?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Added after: I misread the post and see you said when NOT in customers office. Oh well perhaps my post will still help someone to know it takes hours and may want to try just the logical format first!
    Yes, you are both correct, that is what I meant and I probably could have been a little more clear with what I typed. When in customer's office, I always try logical first. Physical is definitely not something you want to do on-site unless absolutely necessary. As you said copyman, a physical format can take many hours to complete and leaves the customers machine down for extended periods of times. It's definitely not a desirable situation for the customer or us.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

By the way do you think anything I post is helpful and you like?
    Yes of course. I really have them all if you mean bulletins.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Yes of course. I really have them all if you mean bulletins.
    I assumed you are or work for a dealer or OEM and appreciate your input. And of course I don't want to give out wrong info so if you see anything that needs to be corrected please post. Like I said bored locked down in the house and just been going through my old saved docs and throwing stuff on here. Not really anymore docs to post at this point. Don't think I will be putting much else on here because the newer stuff should be exclusive to OEM & dealers only.

On another note with the rep cards, think it was you who posted a link to not show them. Unfortunately looks like it has to be an option the admin adds and i don't see it anywhere. If you have anymore info on how to turn off or delete please send link, I want to prove a point I could care less about them. Like I posted it means everything to some here but I think it's a joke, especially when receiving them for rants & raves, etc not related to what this forum was meant for, technicial expertise!

I assumed you are or work for a dealer or OEM and appreciate your input. And of course I don't want to give out wrong info so if you see anything that needs to be corrected please post. Like I said bored locked down in the house and just been going through my old saved docs and throwing stuff on here. Not really anymore docs to post at this point. Don't think I will be putting much else on here because the newer stuff should be exclusive to OEM & dealers only.

On another note with the rep cards, think it was you who posted a link to not show them. Unfortunately looks like it has to be an option the admin adds and i don't see it anywhere. If you have anymore info on how to turn off or delete please send link, I want to prove a point I could care less about them. Like I posted it means everything to some here but I think it's a joke, especially when receiving them for rants & raves, etc not related to what this forum was meant for, technicial expertise!
    You're close somewhat, I work for a dealer, me only tech
    As for how to not show rep. I frankly read through the forum FAQs and quoted, showing the link.
    Have to check it yet from my control panel.

On a side note:
    I have no slightest intention nor any ambition or rights to correct anyone here.
    I have made some friends here, I learn everyday here, I helped others sometimes.
    What's more