Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    E series rebooting problem. Who's dealing with it?

Re: E series rebooting problem. Who's dealing with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Don N. View Post
    Hey, I appreciate your feedback. You're right. I just don't get it. No one's asking a dealer to do anything wrong. Copiers get sold and moved from state to state. That's legal. The buyers and sellers and even the original owners that move them own the equipment, regardless of who sold it. It's not stolen, or black or grey market, although a lot of authorized dealers treat off lease equipment like it is. They tell my customers its "legacy" or "discontinued", even with 4+ years of support left. They are not even on KM's 3 year end of life list. For a dealer to be told by KM that there's a problem supporting a machine they didn't happen to sell is ridiculous. Say I buy a Smith & Wesson pistol in Montana and move to Florida, and I need service, especially for a problem that has a factory bulletin out on it. Say my local dealer didn't address the issue within a year. I can go to any S&W dealer and get the part, order it from S&W, or have them fix it if it's beyond my ability - MY CHOICE. Not everyone has a contract, and that's not illegal. Not every dealer addressed every machine under contract, and that's not the owner's fault. So the problem is with KM, and/or it's authorized dealers. They can point to their SSD vendors but it's still on them. Putting a time limit on the repair action is on them too. KM has the parts, and has recently provided them to their authorized dealers (still at no charge, but cost is irrelevant). I want to purchase said parts from any authorized dealer that will sell them, and pay their reasonable asking price. So far no dealer wants to take the time. You say they are taking a risk. From my view, the risk is that they are busy and it's off the beaten path, and they need to get their priority contract calls done. They consider this a favor, and a pain. A per-call customer is already low priority. A "legacy" machine and a tedious order process make it all the more so.
    Please explain the risk, because no-one's trying to game the system. I'm just trying to fix three of KM's lost and abandoned mistakes that I legally purchased with a verifiable chain of custody. I genuinely thank you for your insight.
    Is this Don that use to work for a joker named Pete many years ago? Did you use to come to Tampa to buy machines on Waters ave?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mitchl View Post
    Is this Don that use to work for a joker named Pete many years ago? Did you use to come to Tampa to buy machines on Waters ave?
    Never worked for or with a Pete. Indy for 29 yrs. Have bought copiers in Tampa before.
    My notifications box here says it's full - Over 100 max, with 65,584 unread private messages... I hit delete the messages but it still says full.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tech51 View Post
    Don't know about the USA but these ssd boards are now available in the U.K. as a spare part and can be ordered as such.
    However this is closely monitored by the parts department to avoid any stockpiling or selling on to unauthorised dealers.
    I certainly wouldn't risk my job by selling them on....

Would you have the p/n? I must have an old version of the parts manual!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Try this - A5C1H02D15.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

The rules around these ssd's has indeed changed, before we had to even return the old ones as part of the process. Now the used ones can just go in the trash. I guess the machines are old enough now that no one cares anymore.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    The rules around these ssd's has indeed changed, before we had to even return the old ones as part of the process. Now the used ones can just go in the trash. I guess the machines are old enough now that no one cares anymore.
    As we know they did this because you could reset the main counters.

Not that we wanted to would make customer billing a headache however i’d be interested to know how out of curiosity.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Try this - A5C1H02D15.

Thank you

Does the ‘special’ firmware come with it?

Does anyone know if the firmware comes with the new SSD?

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

firmware never comes with parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    firmware never comes with parts.
    Ok thanks

I have the latest firmware but I was under the impression that there is a special firmware for the SSD that needs to be loaded when the SSD has been replaced....