Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub C253 Scan to email - From Address

Re: Bizhub C253 Scan to email - From Address

Isn't this the same issue?

BH-C-253, Scan name

The solution provided by ineo+6501 worked for me.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Bizhub C253 Scan to email - From Address

Unfortunately you are likely going to have to do a data clear in service mode. Be sure to export all the one touches and network info before the data clear. I have had this problem happen several times and that has been the only thing that has fixed it.
    Hope this helps.
    Darren

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Choclit007's Avatar

"site:copytechnet.com email address" gave me this thread

I was having the same issue on a used C280 that I am setting up for our office & I did not want to do an All Clear
    (which is a known resolution). I knew there was another way but could not remember it.

Phrag had it right!

When Utility / User Settings / Scan Fax / Default Scan Fax Settings is changed from FACTORY DEFAULTS to CURRENT SETTING & you hit OK, then whatever is currently in the (TEXT (PSWC) or BODY(onscreen)) & SUBJECT fields becomes STICKY!
    I changed the old fields using PSWC and even created multiple entries and made them the default to no avail - the old customer info kept showing up.
    As soon as I changed back to FACTORY (hit OK) & did the RESET button, then the Body & Subjects reverted to my default (#2) entries.
    Then I deleted all extra entries leaving only one Subject & Text entry; after hitting reset on the copier the #2 entries were still there even though FACTORY was selected - AFTER HITTING OK (with FACTORY still highlighted) the entries changed to my only entered values.

So it seems that regardless of FACTORY or CURRENT those items could remain STICKY.

AFAIK you must be at the control panel to do this - haven't seen these in PSWC.
    Thanks again