Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    twelfthjoe
    Guest

    Exclamation Konica Minolta C550 Misfeed Detected

    My BizHub C550 jammed up pretty bad and the paper ripped when I tried to remove it. I am sure I got all the paper out. Now when I go to print or copy something it prints out and the paper comes out of the finisher just fine it also works without the finisher attached. But whenever the first page comes out it then say Misfeed Detected. (But the page is already out ) Remove paper indicated by 0. I looked and looked I don't see any paper at all where its saying to look. Ill attach some photos. Any ideas on maybe a sensor is jammed or anything at all I can try in these areas?

    I cleaned the inside after I took these photos its no longer as dirty. But it still comes up with the Misfeed after the page prints just fine. This all started right after the paper jam.

    photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.jpgphoto 5.jpg

  2. #2
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Konica Minolta C550 Misfeed Detected

    blackcat4866's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    22,471
    Rep Power
    463

    Re: Konica Minolta C550 Misfeed Detected

    Two places I would start:

    1) Look at the paper size installed in each tray, and also look at what size the tray is programmed to. They should be the same. If, for example the tray was programmed to ledger, and then the enduser installed letter paper, the paper would exit, but detect a jam, or more accurately a "paper mismatch".

    2) I would look at the jam codes recorded.

    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

    blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

  3. #3
    twelfthjoe
    Guest

    Re: Konica Minolta C550 Misfeed Detected

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Two places I would start:

    1) Look at the paper size installed in each tray, and also look at what size the tray is programmed to. They should be the same. If, for example the tray was programmed to ledger, and then the enduser installed letter paper, the paper would exit, but detect a jam, or more accurately a "paper mismatch".

    2) I would look at the jam codes recorded.

    =^..^=
    Checked this all match up. Gives the Misfeed Detected no matter what paper size is used.

  4. #4
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Konica Minolta C550 Misfeed Detected


    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    816
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Konica Minolta C550 Misfeed Detected

    Has this been going on for 5 months now?

    BizHub C550 Misfeed Detected. Remove paper indicated by 0.

  5. #5
    twelfthjoe
    Guest

    Re: Konica Minolta C550 Misfeed Detected

    Quote Originally Posted by darry1322 View Post
    Has this been going on for 5 months now?

    BizHub C550 Misfeed Detected. Remove paper indicated by 0.

    No as a matter of fact it stopped before and now has started up again.

  6. #6
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Konica Minolta C550 Misfeed Detected


    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    816
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Konica Minolta C550 Misfeed Detected

    Like Blackcat has suggested, look at the jam code being given.

    Reset jam counters and run copies.

    After it jams check to see which counter incremented.

    Use the jam code to troubleshoot according to info in the service manual.

  7. #7
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    437
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: Konica Minolta C550 Misfeed Detected

    I would start with fully powering off the machine, unplugging the finisher and horizontal transport, then turning it back on. Wait for it to boot up, turn it off, plug finisher and transport back in, turn on. Sounds simple, but works surprisingly often.

  8. #8
    twelfthjoe
    Guest

    Re: Konica Minolta C550 Misfeed Detected

    Quote Originally Posted by darry1322 View Post
    Like Blackcat has suggested, look at the jam code being given.

    Reset jam counters and run copies.

    After it jams check to see which counter incremented.

    Use the jam code to troubleshoot according to info in the service manual.
    Any info on where I might find them? I looked in service mode and cant seem to find anything there. Konica does not seem to want to send somebody out to look at it. Even tho I bought this unit from somebody with only 100k prints on it seems they owe money to them for supplies and would not even tell me how much so I'm kinda stuck. Its worked just fine for me until now so if its an easy fix I would like to be able to find the jam codes and see about fixing it. Any more help would be very very helpful.

  9. #9
    twelfthjoe
    Guest

    Re: Konica Minolta C550 Misfeed Detected

    Quote Originally Posted by 907tec View Post
    I would start with fully powering off the machine, unplugging the finisher and horizontal transport, then turning it back on. Wait for it to boot up, turn it off, plug finisher and transport back in, turn on. Sounds simple, but works surprisingly often.
    Tried this as well with no luck.

  10. #10
    twelfthjoe
    Guest

    Re: Konica Minolta C550 Misfeed Detected

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Two places I would start:

    1) Look at the paper size installed in each tray, and also look at what size the tray is programmed to. They should be the same. If, for example the tray was programmed to ledger, and then the enduser installed letter paper, the paper would exit, but detect a jam, or more accurately a "paper mismatch".

    2) I would look at the jam codes recorded.

    =^..^=
    Any idea where I might find the code in service mode iv looked all over. Been working with computers all my like but this thing has got me stumped.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here