Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Cool C364e, Abnormal Noise only 2-Sided, Odd indications...

Hey All! Hope you're doing well! Ran into an interesting problem today.

The overall trouble call was to address the client's inability to copy double sided on their C364e, (~55000 copies). Jam codes indicated 93-10. After inspecting and removing the door, which allowed me to take apart and clean the ADU and Registration unit, I was able to get the 2-sided to work, but an abnormal noise condition remained when trying to copy 2-sided. It was loud and annoying to those involved. I spoke with experienced colleagues about the problem, they each pointed me in a good direction, but to no avail. The inside is perfect, I cannot find any shavings of gears or other indications that there is a mechanical malfunction, other than the fact that I can hear it. I did load checks in service mode on all the associated motors, clutches and solenoids, all check out well. I am currently searching for SSD solutions, but I am not able to find any leads in a way to proceed.

Again, the client can now copy double-sided, but a noise condition exists. Any Ideas? Emujo? : )

Hope your evenings are restful. : )

V/r

Paulie

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Re: C364e, Abnormal Noise only 2-Sided, Odd indications...

the little door with the duplex rollers on it is driven from the rear of the machine and can be bent and not mesh properly.

Additionally, the load check wont always diagnose a failed duplex drive clutch, i've had them test out perfect in load check with phenomenal grip but do absolutely nothing in normal duplex print mode. I have a feeling more current is available in load check mode making items seem ok that actually aren't because of next to no load being placed on the powersupply / power rails on prcb. A new clutch fixed that particular machine permanently.
    Last edited by EarthKmTech; 10-28-2014 at 04:48 AM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Max's Avatar

I had a duplex unit make a lot of noise it the paper is set to different media type ie thick 1. Is it the same on all A4 landscape and portrate A3?

Technician

Did you end up having to take out the entire main drove to get at that ADU transport clutch?

Technician

Yeah same on all paper

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

adu clutch can be replaced separate of main drive unit.

You can see if its working or not by looking at the duplex roller ends in the gap on the side of the machine from the front. If the rollers arent turning and thats whats causing the jam, replace the clutch.

Technician

Did ADU and registration clutch today. Localized the noise to shafts in the ADU. It's surprisingly loud. Good experience tearing the entire machine apart though.

Hello there..

I Went to see a Bizhub C284 and the machine was making those noises in the dupplex area...I found a solution for it so if someone has a better solution I am all ears..
    I put a piece of paper between the dupplex and the right door so the gear can come more closer to the gear in the machine.

You can see the fotos.

Cheers

Imsdal
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files