Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    bizhub C360 K drum requests early replacement

With the K drum on a C360 rated for 120K, is there any reason why it should request replacement at 93K?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: bizhub C360 K drum requests early replacement

Quote Originally Posted by John Kaufmann View Post
    With the K drum on a C360 rated for 120K, is there any reason why it should request replacement at 93K?
    The quoted figure is really an estimate, the true usage is measured in drum rotation time. If the machine is in an environment which causes it to stabilize frequently, the drum life (in copies) will go down because the drum has still rotated even though no copies are being made. I have many machines which do few colour copies but still eventually ask for replacement drums. My advice would be to install the end of life firmware and then change the drums when the quality goes off. In my experience you can easily gain 50% or more on your drums this way....

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: bizhub C360 K drum requests early replacement

Quote Originally Posted by tech51 View Post
    The quoted figure is really an estimate, the true usage is measured in drum rotation time. If the machine is in an environment which causes it to stabilize frequently, the drum life (in copies) will go down because the drum has still rotated even though no copies are being made. I have many machines which do few colour copies but still eventually ask for replacement drums.
    Ah, of course. Now that you mention it, I have seen that in the Check Consumables list, but had not made that connection.

My advice would be to install the end of life firmware and then change the drums when the quality goes off. In my experience you can easily gain 50% or more on your drums this way....
    Will do. Thanks!