Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Technician

Konica Minolta 215

Yes the institute I work for is using this piece of ****!

This printer is connected to a router, pretty small network, just distributes an internet connection and the printer is also connected to a computer that is used for printing (usb, I believe).

The network that we're using is on IPv4 now it only connects up a handful of computers and not many devices so this shouldn't be a problem. Previously the printer had IPv6 settings enabled and on Auto. When this was the case the printer showed up on the network and I was able to access admin remotely; BUT it still wasn't printing it just showed as troubleshoot error/driver problems. Yes, correct driver's were installed and still no joy!

So, IPv6 was disabled and now it doesn't show up on the network. That's not the end of it; easy solution would be to go in to the printer control panel (physical) and enable IPv6 (auto) so at least it shows on the network and accessible through the network in order for it to be managed there! No! Admin settings on the control panel (utility) upon entry of accepted default password states only five options none of which are IP settings or network related settings!

Please, please help this lost guy, just trying to get a printer on a network! User guides don't have jack!

p.s I also thought it was a router issue, but then it wouldn't have previously shown up on the network as connected but without drivers!

Thanks again.

Technician

Re: Konica Minolta 215

**Update**

It's let me back in to the control panel (page scope web connection).. via IPv4 settings..

Now the printer isn't found on a search but is showing as a WSD print device in Other devices.

Any suggestions?

So you can print now?
    Where do you need to search for the printer?
    Are you using the install CD?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    So you can print now?
    Where do you need to search for the printer?
    Are you using the install CD?
    Thanks for the reply Allan..

No, not from network, I can't! I've downloaded and using that universal driver from Konica website. No joy.

Also every time I try entering some IPP settings in to the printer it rejects them saying they're incorrect (at least tell me which ones are incorrect, arr the frustration is unexplainable.

I've also realised the PC which is connected via Ethernet and USB can't scan! Can only print. I've tried installing the CD that came with it but its a few decades old. Its asking for some ISS? I'm stumped!

Can you ping the printer?
    Why are you changing IPP (internet printing protocol) settings?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Can you ping the printer?
    Why are you changing IPP (internet printing protocol) settings?
    Because they're all blank.. iPP is Enabled but all fields are empty.

I can't ping at the moment I'm at home I'll try tomorrow. I can connect via its assigned IP so I guess its the same as a ping.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Konica Minolta 215

My guess is that only the USB is connecting since Scanning doesn't happen via USB.

Here is something simple that you can try. Use IPv4. Connect via crossover from your laptop. Set the network connection speed from Auto to 100MB full duplex. Connect to your network. Try the driver installation. WSD is a poor choice of drivers, and you should use PCL or PS if you can get them to work. If you cannot discover the printer in the print driver search, don't panic. Just manually set the port IP.

Of the installations that I have done ~ 1/3 do not discover all of the printers on the network. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    My guess is that only the USB is connecting since Scanning doesn't happen via USB.

Here is something simple that you can try. Use IPv4. Connect via crossover from your laptop. Set the network connection speed from Auto to 100MB full duplex. Connect to your network. Try the driver installation. WSD is a poor choice of drivers, and you should use PCL or PS if you can get them to work. If you cannot discover the printer in the print driver search, don't panic. Just manually set the port IP.

Of the installations that I have done ~ 1/3 do not discover all of the printers on the network. =^..^=
    Thanks mate I'll give it a shot and let you know.

The help is really appreciated!

I always connect to LAN printing to model Bizhub 195 similar to Bizhub 215. Know your IP address range and use IPV4 on your computer and assign ip for your printer through admin mode . After assigning IP turn off power to printer and on again and try pinging the entered IP to confirm it communicates with your computer and install the printer driver according to your computer OS. that should print.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post

*Update*

Ok so.. I've managed to install a driver (PCL) for the device shown and I'm using IPv4 not 6 (OFF). I installed the printer manually, entered the IP which then enabled to manually install/select the driver (which I done). OK great, now the device shows as operational and as connected in the network and working. *ping* yes great all four packets sent and received.. In to the control panel I enter the name of the printer in the IPP settings (enabled) also the IP location of the printer and a small description of where the printer is, this time the settings are accepted. Great off we go! No! Print test page.. No response.. Print from MS Word no response?! Print que.. 0 pending.

What now guys? Change the driver and try PS?

P.s yes I've reset through the control panel and rebooted the printer..

P.s.s If I right click the printer and properties of the printer Manufacturer Unavailable.. Hardware Device functions: none ... Don't know what that means; I've also installed all the trays just to be sure.