Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    monstott2010

KM-4800w No Display

Please advise - Had customer's wide format in the shop for quality issues, rebuilt the developer with kit, replaced all three corona wires, tested great..... returned to customer - display panel lights, but no display. CMOS battery only had about .5v so replaced with new.. Power supply in control module seems to have failed (confirmed failure by 3rd party computer repair tech) - replaced with standard computer power supply (same power range). The only difference I found in the supply unit was the replacement has a test relay button where the original does not.... using test relay all fans spin up, however, primary unit still does not work when installed in machine (no display) and fans only spin up with test relay pushed...

Technician

Re: KM-4800w No Display

Quote Originally Posted by monstott2010 View Post
    Please advise - Had customer's wide format in the shop for quality issues, rebuilt the developer with kit, replaced all three corona wires, tested great..... returned to customer - display panel lights, but no display. CMOS battery only had about .5v so replaced with new.. Power supply in control module seems to have failed (confirmed failure by 3rd party computer repair tech) - replaced with standard computer power supply (same power range). The only difference I found in the supply unit was the replacement has a test relay button where the original does not.... using test relay all fans spin up, however, primary unit still does not work when installed in machine (no display) and fans only spin up with test relay pushed...

replace the hard disk.

monstott2010

Replaced Power supply, fans operational, still no display
    Replaced Motherboard, still no display, no post screens even when connected to external PC monitor

Print control system still has three components that have NOT been replaced
    1) 305JG71030 CPU Celeron 440 ($859.74, contact customer service)
    2) 305JG71050 HDD KM4800w US ($782.16, available)
    3) 305JG71020 Memory Module ($497.12, available)

Per Tech Support, was recommended to try the HDD next, but was very unsure of that step being the correct one. My thought would be more likely to be the processor, given the fact the processor fan was non-operational, possibly overheating the CPU, but again, not positive that is the solution either. Need to get some additional input/advice before spending more money and time on parts that may or may not resolve the issue.

Is it possible to download the operating system to reinstall on the HDD or even install on a standard HDD? I looked on KDA but have not been able to find any files to do so....

Technician

Replaced Power supply, fans operational, still no display
    Replaced Motherboard, still no display, no post screens even when connected to external PC monitor

Print control system still has three components that have NOT been replaced
    1) 305JG71030 CPU Celeron 440 ($859.74, contact customer service)
    2) 305JG71050 HDD KM4800w US ($782.16, available)
    3) 305JG71020 Memory Module ($497.12, available)

Per Tech Support, was recommended to try the HDD next, but was very unsure of that step being the correct one. My thought would be more likely to be the processor, given the fact the processor fan was non-operational, possibly overheating the CPU, but again, not positive that is the solution either. Need to get some additional input/advice before spending more money and time on parts that may or may not resolve the issue.

Is it possible to download the operating system to reinstall on the HDD or even install on a standard HDD? I looked on KDA but have not been able to find any files to do so....
    If your print controller fan is working that means that controller is working fine, the software is corrupted, we have this problem many times that we were installing the image file of the software. we don't have the original image file so, what we did was to make the image of the hard disk using the hard disk of the working machine and make the image using Acronis.

monstott2010

Good thing I gave up drinking, this machine would have me drunk for a week.... Have now replaced the Power supply, the mother board AND the hard drive... STILL WILL NOT BOOT UP!! no display at all, testing in shop connected to a standard RGB cable on monitor... nothing.

Technician

Good thing I gave up drinking, this machine would have me drunk for a week.... Have now replaced the Power supply, the mother board AND the hard drive... STILL WILL NOT BOOT UP!! no display at all, testing in shop connected to a standard RGB cable on monitor... nothing.
    That is a system software problem, if you removed the controller out of the machine and run like ordinary computer, short the power switch pin to run, you will see on the RGB monitor that the program start to load, at the end it will display the same view what you see on machine display. Is your hard drive having the system software installed?

monstott2010

Quote Originally Posted by milan View Post
    That is a system software problem, if you removed the controller out of the machine and run like ordinary computer, short the power switch pin to run, you will see on the RGB monitor that the program start to load, at the end it will display the same view what you see on machine display. Is your hard drive having the system software installed?
    The HDD was supposed to come preloaded with the operating software, so assuming that is installed as it should be.... Can you tell me what pins to short to make it run? I have only had to run one independent from the machine once a few years back, don't remember having to short anything to make it work...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

replaced with standard computer power supply (same power range).

If you said the above and this is still true then jumper ground pin with the green pin. see the video below. Please note, you do this at your own risk. just trying to help here. also there are 20 pins and 24 pins power supply.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e_enZDKNAY

see the video below also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoctd4ReW8

Also, why not look at the schematic for the machine. kyocera usually list the pinouts of the wires.

THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

monstott2010

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    replaced with standard computer power supply (same power range).

If you said the above and this is still true then jumper ground pin with the green pin. see the video below. Please note, you do this at your own risk. just trying to help here. also there are 20 pins and 24 pins power supply.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e_enZDKNAY

see the video below also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoctd4ReW8

Also, why not look at the schematic for the machine. kyocera usually list the pinouts of the wires.

I had checked voltage and seemed to be ok, could get the fans to operate ok, but the system still does not seem to boot properly as still getting no video output. Was told to replace the HDD because of the software probably corrupt, not loading video drivers properly... so did that. Still not working. Thanks for the videos on the jumper. I thought maybe there was something else that needed to be done to get the system to boot up on it's own.. Only have a couple of these in our area, so not a constant hands on thing...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

I am saying up front i do not work on this machine, but looking at the thread and seeing you description of the problem, i would think it is more of something not sitting properly or some connector moved out of place. You replaced motherboard, hard drive and power supply already.
    I downloaded the service manual for the 4850 and not sure how close this is to the 4800. but i would unplug the unnecessary connectors that is comming from the mother board and hook up the external monitor and power on and see. aslo check all the door switches to make sure they are working. unplug the internal monitor and scanner connection from the motherboard also.
    There is also a pc control pcb that supplys voltage to the internal monitor, and other signals that i guess controls the motherboard. therefore with voltage going to the monitor you would get backlight, but data comes from the motherboard which something there is either shorting out, not connected or bad. there are two switches that goes to that pc control pwb, the fuser sw and another upper int sw, check if those are working when closed.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke