Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Technician
    Zeus is kicking my ass again.

Re: Zeus is kicking my ass again.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I did give it some thought, but it's not a particularly easy theory to test out. I think I have a picture:

Attachment 31405

Do you see the ground spring on the front of the drive unit? About 39mm to the right of that you can see the plunger of the bridge interlock switch. It does change state from infinite to 0 ohms. This particular switch does not appear in the U031 sensor diagnostics. It is directly behind the bridge unit, so you cannot see it at all with the bridge closed. Additionally, the only place you could pin out the switch is on the bridge unit controller, trapped between the back wall of the copier and the back of the bridge unit, completely inaccessible. I can be fairly certain that the interlock is being made though. When the MFP is in one of it's moods, BRSW2 shows blocked any time the bridge unit is inserted (and the interlock made).

Attachment 31406

I think I've got that one covered. Thanks for the ideas. =^..^=
    I know this is an old thread, but I ran into a similar issue today. C1410 and 0132 Jam code. It turned out that the de-curler sensor on the left side of your image was broken. Swap with new one and it's working again. Glad I came across this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dschultz31 View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I ran into a similar issue today. C1410 and 0132 Jam code. It turned out that the de-curler sensor on the left side of your image was broken. Swap with new one and it's working again. Glad I came across this thread.
    That sensor loves to break. I use the grip end of my telescopic magnet to check if it is loose or not before ripping the exit unit out. Glad you were able to find it

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I did give it some thought, but it's not a particularly easy theory to test out. I think I have a picture:

Attachment 31405

Do you see the ground spring on the front of the drive unit? About 39mm to the right of that you can see the plunger of the bridge interlock switch. It does change state from infinite to 0 ohms. This particular switch does not appear in the U031 sensor diagnostics. It is directly behind the bridge unit, so you cannot see it at all with the bridge closed. Additionally, the only place you could pin out the switch is on the bridge unit controller, trapped between the back wall of the copier and the back of the bridge unit, completely inaccessible. I can be fairly certain that the interlock is being made though. When the MFP is in one of it's moods, BRSW2 shows blocked any time the bridge unit is inserted (and the interlock made).

Attachment 31406

I think I've got that one covered. Thanks for the ideas. =^..^=
    I tried sending a PM but your box is full. We have the same issue and want to pull the bridge section but have never done it and can't find any instructions in the manual. Do you have any advice or can you gives us steps to guide us?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts ntbann's Avatar

The easiest way is to pull the fuser, and the exit unit. Pull out the bridge and the sensor flag is right there.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ntbann View Post
    The easiest way is to pull the fuser, and the exit unit. Pull out the bridge and the sensor flag is right there.

Thanks, I think the tech there figured that out. He said it works fine if you push in on the bridge unit transport section, the section you pull out the remove jams, so he wedged a folded up piece of paper in there as a temporary solution.