Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    KFS machine registration

KFS machine registration

I've found that if you're setting devices up on KFS, you'll get a network error when trying to register the device if DNS doesn't match the network exactly. I'm not sure why, as DNS will resolve the email host name as well as web browsing will work, but they have to be in the exact order that DHCP assigns them to a network adapter.
    Example: the MFP had 8.8.8.8 as primary DNS & 192.168.1.1 as secondary DNS. I could do all functions on the internet properly, except register the device on KFS. ipconfig/all gave me 192.168.1.1 as Primary & 8.8.8.8 as secondary. Changing the MFP to these specs & rebooting allowed it to register the device.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    KFS machine registration

Re: KFS machine registration

Interesting! Thanks for sharing. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 250+ Posts just a tech's Avatar

Haven't had this issue yet, but will keep an eye out for it..

Thanks..
    JaT

Technician

So I set the DNS primary to match the network as well as any number of combinations with other free DNS servers and still get a network error. Anyone have any ideas?¿

Update: I used the KFS DRD Tool and it says that it registers it with KFS but when I check the device and KFS it is not registers. If I have the DRD Tool refresh the status it says that it is not registered. Tried multiple times and says it registers but never actually does.

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    I've found that if you're setting devices up on KFS, you'll get a network error when trying to register the device if DNS doesn't match the network exactly. I'm not sure why, as DNS will resolve the email host name as well as web browsing will work, but they have to be in the exact order that DHCP assigns them to a network adapter.
    Example: the MFP had 8.8.8.8 as primary DNS & 192.168.1.1 as secondary DNS. I could do all functions on the internet properly, except register the device on KFS. ipconfig/all gave me 192.168.1.1 as Primary & 8.8.8.8 as secondary. Changing the MFP to these specs & rebooting allowed it to register the device.

Technician

I had a similar issue with KFS the other day. DRDT would state that it was registered, but the machine clearly was not. upon calling Kyocera they informed me that they were experiencing issues with the server. The next day I came back and was not having the same issue. Barring the same server issues, did you try wiping the KFS registration on the machine? I forget the simulation number, but the service reps always suggested initiating it when troubleshooting. You can also use DRDT to UNregister a device, which might be worth a try.

Technician

Maintenance Mode U520, Configuration - Off, press start button, follow screen prompts