Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Kyocera KM-3050 driver via network cable

Hey, you got me mistaken there for someone else.

I did as you told me and it works great!

Thank you for everything, both printers work great.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pajo View Post
    Hey, you got me mistaken there for someone else.

I did as you told me and it works great!

Thank you for everything, both printers work great.

No Mr. Pajo i was not mistaken. So tell us, your company sent you out get a computer connected to a copier, and you did not know what to do. The guys here pointed out a few very basic things that a tech who is doing connectivity would do and you followed there instructions and your problem is solved. what does that tell me. Now if you are a tech indeed, just fill us in with a few minor infor, like what model you were trained on and what year you started in the business.
    And we would expect you to chip in now and again and help out others who are having problems that you may know the answers for. I see you just joined, but you did not give any credentianls in the profile section so don't know who you are really.
    Not beating on you, but the forum is for techs helping other techs as far as i understand it and not for ticks, though there might be exceptions.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Maybe the general consensus differs from my opinion but I have no problem helping anyone actively seeking help and not blatantly trying to misrepresent who they are, with the stipulation that whatever help I'm providing is for non-invasive work. If it requires disassembly and there is room for error from a non-techie, then some disclosure has to be made about proceeding at their own risk. Beyond that, I haven't really put that much thought into it.

Quote Originally Posted by wragsdale View Post
    Maybe the general consensus differs from my opinion but I have no problem helping anyone actively seeking help and not blatantly trying to misrepresent who they are, with the stipulation that whatever help I'm providing is for non-invasive work. If it requires disassembly and there is room for error from a non-techie, then some disclosure has to be made about proceeding at their own risk. Beyond that, I haven't really put that much thought into it.
    Your above quote was and to an extent my general consensus of how i approach the forum. What i have observed is that non techs in return for the help they get, generally would contribute in some way as maybe financially or donate. This is not obligatory but of their own gratitude. What i may have issues with are, people not showing gratitude in replying as to if the solution suggested, solved their problem or not. feedbacks are good as it encourages techs and also verify their tech ego skills.
    I drive a lexus and i do not go to a dealer for service as for the parts and service cost. I take the risk in a lot of DIY and seek the forums avaliable on the net and gets by with my local mechanic.
    I have heard many times that the forum is for techs helping techs, but anyone can join in so that makes fair play for anyone to ask questions and get help too. senior guys lets hear the rules or how it goes.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Hey guys...

I really am confused, have no idea what are you about

Just a guy from Slovenia working in book making business...

We were thinking about ditching Kyocera but there was still a lot of toner left and we decided to hook it on and use it for test prints. There was trouble connecting it and I looked for help here...

That is all, I swear.

Hey guys...

We were thinking about ditching Kyocera but there was still a lot of toner left and we decided to hook it on and use it for test prints. There was trouble connecting it and I looked for help here...

That is all, I swear.
    Ok Sir. I thought i was finished with this thread, but since you replied with the statement that you are confused, maybe some light can be seen here.
    Business is about providing a service for a price. so you have a business and charges your customers, who is essentially supporting you in keeping your business. If you don't support your local IT company, then he has no work and it eventually will affect your business in the long run. Plus you can claim the repairs in you income tax as business expenses.
    Now if you have a computer at home giving you issues and cannot connect, then sure the net is the place to probe for finding a solution as your may be short of cash or just want to fix it yourself and why not.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera KM-3050 driver via network cable

Hey guys...

That is all, I swear.
    Sorry Pajo. It appears that subaro has hijacked your thread to talk about his own topic.

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    Ok Sir. I thought i was finished with this thread, but since you replied with the statement that you are confused, maybe some light can be seen here.
    Business is about providing a service for a price. so you have a business and charges your customers, who is essentially supporting you in keeping your business. If you don't support your local IT company, then he has no work and it eventually will affect your business in the long run. Plus you can claim the repairs in you income tax as business expenses.
    Now if you have a computer at home giving you issues and cannot connect, then sure the net is the place to probe for finding a solution as your may be short of cash or just want to fix it yourself and why not.
    subaro: There is no clear concensus on this topic. It can be be a point of contention, but I'll throw in my two cents:
    If somebody will go through the steps to diagnose a problem. If they will read the available literature. If they have thoughtful questions that show they just haven't just dumped the problem in my lap ... then yes I help those people. Some of those people are techs, some are not, they just display some intelligence. This help does not include gifts of firmware and technical resources.

The people that I do not spend time helping, usually have not tried any diagnosis, have not really examined the machine, and just generally expect somebody to hand them a solution on a silver platter with no contribution of their own. Some of these people are techs, some are not, but both do not display any initiative.

That's just me. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Sorry Pajo. It appears that subaro has hijacked your thread to talk about his own topic.

subaro: There is no clear concensus on this topic. It can be be a point of contention, but I'll throw in my two cents:
    If somebody will go through the steps to diagnose a problem. If they will read the available literature. If they have thoughtful questions that show they just haven't just dumped the problem in my lap ... then yes I help those people. Some of those people are techs, some are not, they just display some intelligence. This help does not include gifts of firmware and technical resources.

The people that I do not spend time helping, usually have not tried any diagnosis, have not really examined the machine, and just generally expect somebody to hand them a solution on a silver platter with no contribution of their own. Some of these people are techs, some are not, but both do not display any initiative.

That's just me. =^..^=
    Mr. blackcat. I did not hijack Pajo thread as you are thinking. If you read through the whole thread i mentioned that there was a thread on konica machine C248e, where it was an end user and he tried to get some solutions and even tech to fix his problem and was not sucessfull. He posted on CTN and some of the replies suggested that here was for techs helping other techs and i when i was Pajo post i saw his post was almost identical and nothing was mentioned. So i just merely pointing out that . below is the thread i am referring too.
    Also pajo was responding to what i posted and i just followed up. I see no offence there, but i take your comments with respect.
    PLEASE HELP WITH KONICA C284E! Expert advice needed