Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    TaskAlpha 3550ci Strange Magenta Lines

Re: TaskAlpha 3550ci Strange Magenta Lines

It sort of looks like somebody scraped a label off of the primary transfer belt, and only used a scraping tool of some sort. If that person had used an orange oil based solvent or paraffin lamp oil and a soft cotton pad, there would be no scrape marks or scratches. All you do is follow up either of these cleaners with an alcohol wash. Then it takes about 100 images for the primary transfer cleaning blade to squeegee off the remaining solvent.

I think it's probably too late to save this belt, but I suppose all it will cost you is 30 minutes of cleaning to find out if it can be saved. =^..^=
    Last edited by blackcat4866; 08-02-2016 at 01:53 AM.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alexkyocera View Post
    didnt see anyone mentioned checking the laser units. Please check it. Clean mirrors ect.
    bingo at least one person is on the right track i cant believe the comments here. This is a common problem seen everyday on these machines

certified scrub 500+ Posts
    TaskAlpha 3550ci Strange Magenta Lines

Quote Originally Posted by simonsays View Post
    bingo at least one person is on the right track i cant believe the comments here. This is a common problem seen everyday on these machines
    Delt with these machines everyday since it came out. never seen one.

If its laser glass thats dirty, the line is white and I think the line goes horizontal.

As to the mirror, this is a "internal print", mirrors aren't used. Laser mirror are sealed from factory, unless it has been tampered you wont find spec of dust in there. If its laser mirror faulty you wont get lines, you get scattered beam resulting in weird patterns.

There seem to be writings behind the the sample, so I have one recommendation.

provide a clean sample next time.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmaister View Post
    Delt with these machines everyday since it came out. never seen one.

If its laser glass thats dirty, the line is white and I think the line goes horizontal.

As to the mirror, this is a "internal print", mirrors aren't used. Laser mirror are sealed from factory, unless it has been tampered you wont find spec of dust in there. If its laser mirror faulty you wont get lines, you get scattered beam resulting in weird patterns.

There seem to be writings behind the the sample, so I have one recommendation.

provide a clean sample next time.

Could not have said it better myself. The printout is the colour belt sample, so no mirrors to deal with there, unless as others were referring to thetop of the LSU glass, and in that case as the above mentioned you would get voids. That issues for whatever reason will only come from the dev/drum unit as it is on one colour only, or worst case the drive assy that drives the magenta unit
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Being a 3550 would indicate its at least a few years old. We are seeing a lot of these in the field and on refurbishment where the mirrors inside the laser have become dusted. Even the polygonal mirrors show dust towards the end of each segment. Thankfully they are relatively easy to get the top off and clean. Flip it over and remove the polygonal motor and clean the mirror while your at it. Needless to say use good quality lens cloth. Sometimes the "dust" looks more like a smoke haze. Will really depend on the environment the machine has been in. Amazing the difference it can make to a refurb.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Question Re: TaskAlpha 3550ci Strange Magenta Lines

problem solved?

Technician

I had this fault a few times,drum charge roller or complete drum or transfer belt usually would cure,although you have changed these,always set sim 127 clear transfer count and sim 930 counter back to 0.years ago did exact same thing changed lsu dev units etc, even hiv boards .utax technical in swindon talked me through in 2 minutes.could have saved days if i had phoned first.