Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

KM-3035 Firmware Headache

Looking for any advice, I can't seem to upgrade firmware on KM-3035.

Current firmware (From status report):
    MAIN, MMI, LANGUAGE 2931DQ 2932BN 29333E

New downloaded Firmware from KDAconnect (05-2008) (3 Files)
    MAIN, MMI, LANGUAGE 2FGS1015S 2FGS2030E 2FG29337K

I formatted 2 different CF (Compact Flash) Cards (8mb PNY, 256mb SAN DISK) using both MFP and Windows (Fat for 8mb, Fat & Fat32 for 256mb) and extracted the files to the ROOT of the CF. Shut machine off, put card into the Main Board CF Slot located above right of Bypass Tray (Not the Printer CF Slot). turned the MFP back on ... display shows : Search CF FILE NOT FOUND every time.

Cannot figure out what the problem could be .. ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: KM-3035 Firmware Headache

Those machines could be very particular about the type and size CF card was used. In your case, the PNY may be the wrong type for the machine, and the San-Disk (which is really what the machine prefers) is likely too large. Try formatting it in the printer slot first, and then loading firmware on the root. You can either delete the folders the machine creates when it formats the card, or just pay no attention to them as they will make no difference.
    San-Disk 32MB would load firmware every time, but they are long gone. You may still be able to find one on e-bay.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CWP View Post
    Those machines could be very particular about the type and size CF card was used. In your case, the PNY may be the wrong type for the machine, and the San-Disk (which is really what the machine prefers) is likely too large. Try formatting it in the printer slot first, and then loading firmware on the root. You can either delete the folders the machine creates when it formats the card, or just pay no attention to them as they will make no difference.
    San-Disk 32MB would load firmware every time, but they are long gone. You may still be able to find one on e-bay.
    This is the procedure I noted, way back when:
    To upgrade combined firmware: No formatting on CF card, firmware files only. Remove right side upper cover to expose CF slot. Power Off main switch and unplug. Insert CF card. Plug cord in, flip main switch On. Firmware download begins automatically. When "Completed" is displayed power main switch Off, unplug cord, remove CF card, re-install cover, plug in cord, Power On.

The CF card I used was a 32MB, but these machines are fussy about the type. I especially like the idea of formatting the card on the printer's NIC card, then deleting the folders and copying the extracted files to the card.

Is there a particular reason that you're updating the firmware, or just for fun? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

You may have broken surface solder joints on the CF Card Slot connector on the main board. If the CF card was installed backwards and the tech tried to force it, the pressure would cause the connectors flat connection pins to break connection. Unfortunately, it is next to impossible to detect a broken joint and equally impossible to repair without the proper surface mount equipment, they are actually glued with conductive adhesive, not soldered. On these units we never use a CF card greater than 16 MB formatted with FAT.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Format the card in any kyocera machine that accepts CF cards or on the machine you are using. To do this turn of the machine, insert the card on the printer CF slot on the main board and restart the machine. From the control panel press the printer button and from the menu choose format cf card, the card will be formatted and a page will printout that says ok. Take the card, put it on your reader and copy the firmware files to the cf card root. remove the right side cf cover and place the card in the slot and power on the machine . wait untill it says complete on the screen. I used a 32mb cf card. [ kodak, buffalo, sandisk]

Try both cards, if they can be formatted on the machine, then the firmware should work.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Quote Originally Posted by CWP View Post
    OK, I'll try that .. I found a Sandisk 32mb CF card on amazon

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    Format the card in any kyocera machine that accepts CF cards or on the machine you are using. To do this turn of the machine, insert the card on the printer CF slot on the main board and restart the machine. From the control panel press the printer button and from the menu choose format cf card, the card will be formatted and a page will printout that says ok. Take the card, put it on your reader and copy the firmware files to the cf card root. remove the right side cf cover and place the card in the slot and power on the machine . wait untill it says complete on the screen. I used a 32mb cf card. [ kodak, buffalo, sandisk]

Try both cards, if they can be formatted on the machine, then the firmware should work.
    As described in the original post both cards format properly in the Printer CF slot using Printer Menu Format Memory card, but still get error message when attempting to load firmware in the main CF Slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    You may have broken surface solder joints on the CF Card Slot connector on the main board. If the CF card was installed backwards and the tech tried to force it, the pressure would cause the connectors flat connection pins to break connection. Unfortunately, it is next to impossible to detect a broken joint and equally impossible to repair without the proper surface mount equipment, they are actually glued with conductive adhesive, not soldered. On these units we never use a CF card greater than 16 MB formatted with FAT.
    Hope this is not the case, will try one last time with 32mb Sandisk card if this fails then you may be correct in that the problem is with the CF Card Slot connector.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    This is the procedure I noted, way back when:
    To upgrade combined firmware: No formatting on CF card, firmware files only. Remove right side upper cover to expose CF slot. Power Off main switch and unplug. Insert CF card. Plug cord in, flip main switch On. Firmware download begins automatically. When "Completed" is displayed power main switch Off, unplug cord, remove CF card, re-install cover, plug in cord, Power On.

The CF card I used was a 32MB, but these machines are fussy about the type. I especially like the idea of formatting the card on the printer's NIC card, then deleting the folders and copying the extracted files to the card.

Is there a particular reason that you're updating the firmware, or just for fun? =^..^=
    OK, I will try with 32mb CF Card I just ordered, reason for upgrade is need SCAN to FTP functionality which is not included in the firmware currently loaded.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dchumsky View Post
    OK, I will try with 32mb CF Card I just ordered, reason for upgrade is need SCAN to FTP functionality which is not included in the firmware currently loaded.
    That is not how you update the NS30 scan card firmware. You'll need the IBVERUP scan utility to upgrade the firmware via a crossover cable from your laptop. You'll also need NS30 firmware version 1.4.11 to get SMB scanning. FTP scanning is available on all firmware levels once it is enabled in service mode.

The combined firmware update will not change the NS30 firmware level. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=