Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 61 to 67 of 67
  1. #61
    Technician
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Mount Hope
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Kyocera - Fleet Services

    Quote Originally Posted by Necrocannibal View Post
    I did this and it didn't allow me to register it, after I called the last dealer they deleted it out of their KFS and it registered fine.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Does someone know if a Kyocera device still registered in KFS from previous dealer, will also not show up when using Netgateway?

  2. #62
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyocera - Fleet Services


    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Concord, NH
    Posts
    719
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: Kyocera - Fleet Services

    Quote Originally Posted by thinkink View Post
    Does someone know if a Kyocera device still registered in KFS from previous dealer, will also not show up when using Netgateway?
    Yes, it does not matter if it is going through a gateway or is direct. The serial number is still registered to another dealer and will prevent you from registering the device. Until the previous dealer deletes the device from their database, you can not register the device to your account.

  3. #63
    Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera - Fleet Services

    tmaged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Center of my Universe
    Posts
    1,414
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Kyocera - Fleet Services

    What model are you trying to connect ? Anyting in about the last 6-8 years will connect direct.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony


    www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

  4. #64
    Technician
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Mount Hope
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Kyocera - Fleet Services

    Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    What model are you trying to connect ? Anyting in about the last 6-8 years will connect direct.
    Connecting a 3252ci, yes it does connect directly, but we having been getting these off lease and putting them back out. Quite a few are still registered and it's a real pain to figure out where they came from and get them unregistered. Just wanted to make sure Netgateway also used the serial number.
    thank you

  5. #65
    Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera - Fleet Services

    tmaged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Center of my Universe
    Posts
    1,414
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Kyocera - Fleet Services

    Quote Originally Posted by thinkink View Post
    Connecting a 3252ci, yes it does connect directly, but we having been getting these off lease and putting them back out. Quite a few are still registered and it's a real pain to figure out where they came from and get them unregistered. Just wanted to make sure Netgateway also used the serial number.
    thank you
    Unfortunately there's no way around it. Most dealers aren't too bad, but a couple of them I've had to call 3-4 times to get it done. It's not in Kyocera's SOP to remove them, so calling the originating dealer is the only way to accomplish it.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony


    www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

  6. #66
    Field service tech. 100+ Posts Froota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    128
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Kyocera - Fleet Services

    IMO you can disconnect the device from KFS in service mode. after that you can re-connect with KFS.
    But KFS is a Kyocera service platform, so I assume it's better to contact Kyocera instead of the old dealer, not?

  7. #67
    Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera - Fleet Services

    tmaged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Center of my Universe
    Posts
    1,414
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Kyocera - Fleet Services

    Quote Originally Posted by Froota View Post
    IMO you can disconnect the device from KFS in service mode. after that you can re-connect with KFS.
    But KFS is a Kyocera service platform, so I assume it's better to contact Kyocera instead of the old dealer, not?
    Clearing the machine with either 520 or RSAdmin only removes the KFS connection for the machine. If it's an offlease machine and is registered to a previous dealer, they have to remove it from their KFS account. Kyocera America will not remove a machine from an account. The dealer that it's registered to is the only one that can remove it. Kyocera Europe might have a different operating procedure.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony


    www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here