Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Kyocera - Fleet Services

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    You have to call Kyocera & have them do it. If a machine was previously registered, you can default the settings in U520, but if the installing dealer never deleted it from their account, Kyocera has to get them to remove it.

Old thread I know but who do I call at Kyocera to get them to remove it? I have a machine I really need to get on KFS for us and I can't because it is registered in another dealers name, really dumb way to have to do this in my opinion. Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

If you know what dealer the machine has come from contact that dealer and ask them to remove it . All you need to do is give them the serial #.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BBM View Post
    If you know what dealer the machine has come from contact that dealer and ask them to remove it . All you need to do is give them the serial #.
    I actually was fortunate and they set up an intro screen when the machine boots with their contact info. Had they not done that I wouldn't have known and in the future for machines that I don't any info on I'd like to be able to have a way to connect it to our KFS.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Log into KDAConnect, go to Support, go to Support Center and create a Technical support ticket if you cannot get the dealer to remove it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kuby View Post
    Log into KDAConnect, go to Support, go to Support Center and create a Technical support ticket if you cannot get the dealer to remove it.
    Thank you!

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera - Fleet Services

Or call the hotline. They can tell you what dealer it is still registered to. If it's still registered to another dealer, you'll get error 403 when trying to register it.
    If you get "network error" it's gateway, DNS or encryption.
    A little more info for you, make sure both serverside & clientside HASH encryptions have SHA1 & SHA2 enabled to allow it to connect to KFS.
    Also, I normally set up machines to connect to KFS before we install them. Once we get to the customers, if it shows offline, change it to monitored. Monitor mode only uses the connection for outbound. Most firewalls will allow traffic out, but not back in. This is an easy way to troubleshoot. There's a document on Kyocera's site for the servers that need to be whitelisted for the firewall for 2 way communication.
    Last edited by tmaged; 04-29-2021 at 08:53 PM.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Try this
    Unregistering device in Maintenance Mode
    Go to Maintenance Mode U520 TDRS setting (Message: Set TDRS)
    Select On/Off Config.
    Select off.
    Press the [Start] key and confirm the setting value.
    Turn the power switch off then on. Please wait at least 5 seconds or more between power off and on.
    Press the [Stop] key.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Kyocera - Fleet Services

Quote Originally Posted by Necrocannibal View Post
    Old thread I know but who do I call at Kyocera to get them to remove it? I have a machine I really need to get on KFS for us and I can't because it is registered in another dealers name, really dumb way to have to do this in my opinion. Thanks

you can also start a warranty part claim...it will fail, but it will give you the dealer contact info, from there you can contact the service manager and ask to have it removed

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    Or call the hotline. They can tell you what dealer it is still registered to. If it's still registered to another dealer, you'll get error 403 when trying to register it.
    If you get "network error" it's gateway, DNS or encryption.
    A little more info for you, make sure both serverside & clientside HASH encryptions have SHA1 & SHA2 enabled to allow it to connect to KFS.
    Also, I normally set up machines to connect to KFS before we install them. Once we get to the customers, if it shows offline, change it to monitored. Monitor mode only uses the connection for outbound. Most firewalls will allow traffic out, but not back in. This is an easy way to troubleshoot. There's a document on Kyocera's site for the servers that need to be whitelisted for the firewall for 2 way communication.
    Thanks for this information!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GeneOR95 View Post
    Try this
    Unregistering device in Maintenance Mode
    Go to Maintenance Mode U520 TDRS setting (Message: Set TDRS)
    Select On/Off Config.
    Select off.
    Press the [Start] key and confirm the setting value.
    Turn the power switch off then on. Please wait at least 5 seconds or more between power off and on.
    Press the [Stop] key.
    I did this and it didn't allow me to register it, after I called the last dealer they deleted it out of their KFS and it registered fine.