Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Kyocera - Fleet Services

Quote Originally Posted by Necrocannibal View Post
    I did this and it didn't allow me to register it, after I called the last dealer they deleted it out of their KFS and it registered fine.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Does someone know if a Kyocera device still registered in KFS from previous dealer, will also not show up when using Netgateway?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyocera - Fleet Services

Quote Originally Posted by thinkink View Post
    Does someone know if a Kyocera device still registered in KFS from previous dealer, will also not show up when using Netgateway?
    Yes, it does not matter if it is going through a gateway or is direct. The serial number is still registered to another dealer and will prevent you from registering the device. Until the previous dealer deletes the device from their database, you can not register the device to your account.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera - Fleet Services

What model are you trying to connect ? Anyting in about the last 6-8 years will connect direct.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    What model are you trying to connect ? Anyting in about the last 6-8 years will connect direct.
    Connecting a 3252ci, yes it does connect directly, but we having been getting these off lease and putting them back out. Quite a few are still registered and it's a real pain to figure out where they came from and get them unregistered. Just wanted to make sure Netgateway also used the serial number.
    thank you

Kyocera - Fleet Services

Quote Originally Posted by thinkink View Post
    Connecting a 3252ci, yes it does connect directly, but we having been getting these off lease and putting them back out. Quite a few are still registered and it's a real pain to figure out where they came from and get them unregistered. Just wanted to make sure Netgateway also used the serial number.
    thank you
    Unfortunately there's no way around it. Most dealers aren't too bad, but a couple of them I've had to call 3-4 times to get it done. It's not in Kyocera's SOP to remove them, so calling the originating dealer is the only way to accomplish it.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Field service tech. 100+ Posts Froota's Avatar

IMO you can disconnect the device from KFS in service mode. after that you can re-connect with KFS.
    But KFS is a Kyocera service platform, so I assume it's better to contact Kyocera instead of the old dealer, not?

Kyocera - Fleet Services

Quote Originally Posted by Froota View Post
    IMO you can disconnect the device from KFS in service mode. after that you can re-connect with KFS.
    But KFS is a Kyocera service platform, so I assume it's better to contact Kyocera instead of the old dealer, not?
    Clearing the machine with either 520 or RSAdmin only removes the KFS connection for the machine. If it's an offlease machine and is registered to a previous dealer, they have to remove it from their KFS account. Kyocera America will not remove a machine from an account. The dealer that it's registered to is the only one that can remove it. Kyocera Europe might have a different operating procedure.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook