Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Wi-Fi Direct

Technician

Wi-Fi Direct

Has anyone played around with the Wi-Fi Direct on the small MFP's. Can't find any kind of setup anywhere. Phone searches for a printer thru the Kyocera app, but doesn't find anything. Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Wi-Fi Direct

Re: Wi-Fi Direct

The machines I've tried it on were simply turn wifi direct on, get the passphrase from the machine info then use the wifi settings on your device (phone, tablet) to connect to the machine ssid. Once connected you can use the mobile print app to use the device.

Service Manager 100+ Posts eddie110171's Avatar

Wifi direct can be turned on through the op panel under network setting or through the control panel. Once turned on restart network and it will be available on the touch screen. Select wifi direct and it will give you the network name and password.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Wi-Fi Direct

I had same issue also,
    I even called Kyocera tech support,asI'm a sub dealer, and those guys were no help at all.I'm not a very experienced at network stuff, enough to get by, in most cases. But I know my wife bought a small HP printer with wireless, turned it on, and it found the network automatically..whew..Wish I had words of advice...certainly not a "plug and play" deal, at all..Good Luck,Mate !

Technician

Found a phone that wasn't already set up on our network, so I could tell for sure that it was printing with WiFi direct. Works great.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Wi-Fi Direct

Thought I would add on here, on the small MFP's, once the WIFI Direct button is lit, after it is enabled, is what you select to get the wifi direct passphrase.
    For some reason it's not available on the web page or system menu, system network settings.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook