Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Taigar

Reset Command Center password Ecosys FS-C2026MFP+

Hi all,

We have a Kyocera Ecosys FS-C2026MFP+ with an unknown command center password. It has been set by someone else, and I don't know of a way to retrieve the original password. So I want to reset it.

I searched Google, and tried almost everything, but didn't succeed. During the search I found this community, with some really helpful posts about my problem. But it didn't work either..

The admin/password on the printer itself is default (2600/2600), and on the printer display I can login and change whatever I want.
    This way I was able to change the TCP/IP settings, and I now am able to acces the command center web interface. But I cannot login to this interface..
    The password I do not know, and I have tried a lot of default passwords (Admin, admin, admin00, 2600, 2500, 2800, 3500, 3800, PASSWORD, <empty>). If you have any other suggestion I should try, please let me know.

I also tried to reset the machine to factory settings, using the maintenance menu. This should be with option U021, but it is not available. The service manual also does not list this option. It does list U002 (Setting the factory default data), but this doesn't work. I have selected this option > Mode1(All) > switch off power. But when I turn it on, it is just as before.

I also tried sending the command !R! ACNT "REST";EXIT; with FTP, but it didn't work. I used Windows > CMD > cd to directory with command in text file > ftp to machine IP > put file. But after this, the printer does react, but it doesn't change the settings.
    I also tried sending it with Kyocera Net Admin, but this didn't work..
    I tried 3 different versions of the command, but none did help.

I also emailed my question to Kyocera Netherlands, but I don't know if they will help me. Didn't get any answer yet.

My last hope is to post my problem here, and hope someone will know the answer.

Thanks for reading so far, and if you have an idea, please let me know!

Kind regards,

Erwin

Re: Reset Command Center password Ecosys FS-C2026MFP+

I read your question correctly and the only solution is, press 10871087 and hold green and red button for 10sec, turn it off now. Do this 5 times. Do this by the open window, as it will take 10 minutes and look down from time to time. When you're done look down make sure nobody is there, throw it out the window. Now it should work, go down and kick it until you feel better. go after that to a shop for a printer that works.

I hope this helps