Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera Taskalfa 3252ci background and error codes

Re: Kyocera Taskalfa 3252ci background and error codes

Quote Originally Posted by doinbox View Post
    If that’s the case Kyocera need to get there finger out and update the firmware to resolve this issue because you shouldn’t really have to power off before changing a drum.
    I know this is a dead thread, but when you're replacing the DR and/or DV, you have to unplug the electrical connectors for both in order to get them out. If you don't turn the power off before doing so, you run a high risk of blowing a PWB or 2. ALWAYS turn the power off before unplugging electrical connectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasersupplies View Post
    Thanks for this, was on my second dk. Setting the u100 DC to off cleared the backround straight away. Is it ok to leave this setting at off long term?
    From my understanding, the default is set to auto and by turning it off, DC Bias will not be adjusted automatically every time the machine is calibrated. If you leave it off long term, calibration would be unable to adjust DC bias as it needs to in order to compensate for wear of the drum as more pages are printed.

One last thing...

As I've been going thru all the test commands, it took me a while to figure something out. Most of the settings that have to do with voltage of mag/drum/toner sensor, ect. can be adjusted "manually". But this is mainly for troubleshooting purposes or as a very temporary solution. When everything is working as it should, these values will be set during calibration.

It should also be noted that while you can manually change these settings, the next time the machine is calibrated, your manual settings will be erased and rewritten thru the calibration process. However, you can make the manual settings permanent in many cases by turning "auto" to off such as in this particular case. If you do turn "auto" to off and forget that you did it, you're gonna have some problems down the road because "calibration" will be unable to do it's job properly.

Hope that made sense and if anyone wants to weigh in, I'd like to hear it.

EDIT: I confirmed this yesterday by manually changing the settings. Once I did that I ran calibration and my manual settings went back to what they should be via calibration.
    Last edited by BillyCarpenter; 01-18-2021 at 05:11 PM.