Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    CS 5002i loud noise

Re: CS 5002i loud noise

Worst case scenario -- replace WTB assembly, transfer belt assy, feed motor assy, main drive assembly.

Some of all of these can be cleaned out if you're lucky but gears strip, posts crack, augers break, toner turns to coal.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lencombs View Post
    Having this same problem today on a 5002ci. Had a C2840 error, 906 cleared it, then have a loud noise when engine cycles, UI screen has a waste bottle warning but not a replace now message. I saw this problem on a Xerox model where the threshold count for waste was set too low at the factory and waste toner would back up and jam the whole auger system. Xerox had us go into the NVRAM and change the threshold for the waste toner. I'm looking up a similar procedure for this model because this same problem has happened 3 times on this particular unit now.

U155 Toner Sensor Output-> Calibration (You will need an empty bottle)

Of course read the thread and address all the issues noted, mostly ensure the weight detection spring hasn't fallen off and that the WT bottle actually turns, and there is no clogged toner in the WT forwarding unit (Behind the Main Drive Assy), and TX/DV/Drum waste chutes.

There are modified Box Assy's(new weight spring retainer, bottle insertion guide and sticker) and WT forwarding units (modified scraper) for applicable units.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts tonerleak's Avatar

Have replaced multiple waste assemblies on both color and b/w units, no fun at all. I hope they fix this soon, was bad enough on the '2' series but the '3' series has these same problems plus some quality control issues with some components directly affecting this area.