Senior Tech 100+ Posts johnny32's Avatar

TAskalpha 3252ci scan direct to microsoft sharepoint

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone has successfully set up scan direct from the machine to microsoft sharepoint. The machine is a 3252ci and i know that i will probably need share connect for the machine. I have gone to the supplier and they just keep redirecting me to external software sites. Is this something that Kyocera have and if so what is involved in ordering and or setting up.
    Any hel would be greatly apprieciated.

Technician

Re: TAskalpha 3252ci scan direct to microsoft sharepoint

Kyocera has a HyPAS app called SharePoint connector. The dealer should know this.

Technician

Re: TAskalpha 3252ci scan direct to microsoft sharepoint

Quote Originally Posted by johnny32 View Post
    Hi All

I was wondering if anyone has successfully set up scan direct from the machine to microsoft sharepoint. The machine is a 3252ci and i know that i will probably need share connect for the machine. I have gone to the supplier and they just keep redirecting me to external software sites. Is this something that Kyocera have and if so what is involved in ordering and or setting up.
    Any hel would be greatly apprieciated.

Sharepoint Connector has been discontinued. As has Exchange Connector. There is now a product called microsoft connector. It's pretty damn nice. But most ppl won't use it in their environment. There are two versions, they are both expensive. One comes with Omnipage OCR. The other is just Basic OCR. They are both expensive.

Your best bet is to use PinPoint Scan 3. It's pretty damned awesome. You can scan to the cloud network or email address using separate SMTP information for each setup. To scan to the cloud you need to have a desktop application for your cloud storage installed on a local PC (OneDrive, Dropbox etc.). It's also very inexpensive. Ask your rep. I've sold machines just because this app exists.