Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kyocera shakeup

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Kyocera shakeup

Last week several vice presidents were fired , The new president is shaking things up after three years in a row of losing sales.
    The new production ink jet will be shown again , at the show in a couple weeks in Vegas. The ink jet nothing but problems
    delay after delay the release of it ,

Re: Kyocera shakeup

Doesn't surprise me, I worked for largest independent copier dealer and we out sold Kyocera with Canon and Konica 10 to 1
    Warranty for Kyocera is great but unfortunately you have to use it.

By the way Kyocera has changed the web interface on the new models.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts ntbann's Avatar

No web interface is the same.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera shakeup

Kyocera is awesome company with awesome products. The problem is they never broke through with name recognition. It's hard to pronounce, they don't run commercials or sponsor events in here in America.

The production machine experiment probably didn't pan out.

Kyocera shakeup

Their 3500i-8001i series have been great for us, usually run with not too many issues. We have not sold their color boxes, which needed improvement but seems most techs like the newer 2-3 series color. With that being said, I am comparing the boxes we work on, mostly Sharp but, made the transition into Kyocera due to Sharp's management issues which eventually trickled into their line and for the most part we stay away from Sharp since the 40 series.
    So, I hope that they don't try to cheap out on msata and sd cards like Sharp, hell, look at the drive sections on the 50-70 series.
    I agree, when you mention Kyocera copiers most people think they are some cheap off brand, I get it a lot, until we put them in the office and let them run.
    Very few document feeder issues on the Alfard I & II series,(minus the rash of upgrades on the Alfard series when they came out), they have quick maintenance changes compared to a Sharp and can easily run past 2+ mil with drive clutch swap. I hope the changes will be for the better, such as advertising, instead of making stuff cheaper to cut costs on the product line and have it affect reliability.
    Last edited by copiertec; 04-09-2019 at 01:56 AM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Doesn't surprise me, I worked for largest independent copier dealer and we out sold Kyocera with Canon and Konica 10 to 1
    Warranty for Kyocera is great but unfortunately you have to use it.

By the way Kyocera has changed the web interface on the new models.
    I am not sure how the Konica's are now, but when we sold them they were junk. We sold the Konica 7050, 7060. They had clutch problems and the tires only lasted 80K. Now we only sell Kyocera and we love them.

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Their 3500i-8001i series have been great for us, usually run with not too many issues. We have not sold their color boxes, which needed improvement but seems most techs like the newer 2-3 series color. With that being said, I am comparing the boxes we work on, mostly Sharp but, made the transition into Kyocera due to Sharp's management issues which eventually trickled into their line and for the most part we stay away from Sharp since the 40 series.
    So, I hope that they don't try to cheap out on msata and sd cards like Sharp, hell, look at the drive sections on the 50-70 series.
    Been doing Sharps & Kyoceras for a bunch of years and still give the nod to Sharp - Simple, modular construction and super quick disassembly - one screw, flip a couple levers, & fuser in your hand. PF & ADF rollers - 2 seconds. Transfer belt - turn a couple levers & slide it right out the front of machine. They have figured out color in a big way - now you never change developer (toner has developer in it), Pantone Color Matching is standard, chargers clean themselves, & if you buy direct from China, consumable parts are dirt cheap. I can live with having to swap out a $2 SD card. IT people absolutely love Sharp - simple, effective, bullet-proof, & you can customize & idiot-proof the control panel or just give them the "Easy Mode" for everything. As somebody said, Kyocera has a great warranty, but you're gonna need it, plus the documentation they require is nuts! Sharp - zing, zing, apply online, 2 days part is in your hands (but it is a rare day when you need a Sharp warranty part). We do Kyocera color printers also, and the yields they claim for drums is a joke - you're lucky to get 50% of what they say. Lowest TCO in the Industry - not from what we see.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Are you buying shart OEM parts and consumables direct from china

Quote Originally Posted by yurisan View Post
    Been doing Sharps & Kyoceras for a bunch of years and still give the nod to Sharp - Simple, modular construction and super quick disassembly - one screw, flip a couple levers, & fuser in your hand. PF & ADF rollers - 2 seconds. Transfer belt - turn a couple levers & slide it right out the front of machine. They have figured out color in a big way - now you never change developer (toner has developer in it), Pantone Color Matching is standard, chargers clean themselves, & if you buy direct from China, consumable parts are dirt cheap. I can live with having to swap out a $2 SD card. IT people absolutely love Sharp - simple, effective, bullet-proof, & you can customize & idiot-proof the control panel or just give them the "Easy Mode" for everything. As somebody said, Kyocera has a great warranty, but you're gonna need it, plus the documentation they require is nuts! Sharp - zing, zing, apply online, 2 days part is in your hands (but it is a rare day when you need a Sharp warranty part). We do Kyocera color printers also, and the yields they claim for drums is a joke - you're lucky to get 50% of what they say. Lowest TCO in the Industry - not from what we see.

Quote Originally Posted by toddanderson View Post
    Are you buying shart OEM parts and consumables direct from china
    Yes, you need someone in China (like my nephew) to source the stuff for you (he used to work for Xerox), and it helps if you have a Bitcoin, Litecoin or Neo wallet (they like those cryptos).

Quote Originally Posted by yurisan View Post
    I haven't been that impressed with the durability & lifespan of the pcu charge rollers on the color machines!!! ...they degrade & get pop/arc marks in their rubber surface!!! They need their R&D department to find a material that is more resistant to ozone oxidation degradation!!!Kyocera shakeup

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html