Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Smile Re: kyocera CS3011I 0501 jam error HELP

from what i can gather the customer uses pre printed Dr. forms. instead of using the bypass tray. they open cassette 1 and put 1 form on top of the paper and then print. they probably do this 20 times a day. it has worn away the support as you can see in the differences in the photos. I think what has happened is instead of the tray lifting up when fully inserted the tray is now tilted towards the back of the machine only allowing a little bit of the rollers to contact the paper and hence causing the 501 error. a bearing or a sintered roller would be a good modification in future designs .... not a fun job to replace but better than the toner supply augers on a 406ci. i'm gonna make the boss do the next one....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    kyocera CS3011I 0501 jam error HELP

Re: kyocera CS3011I 0501 jam error HELP

Quote Originally Posted by printlessguy View Post
    from what i can gather the customer uses pre printed Dr. forms. instead of using the bypass tray. they open cassette 1 and put 1 form on top of the paper and then print. they probably do this 20 times a day. it has worn away the support as you can see in the differences in the photos. I think what has happened is instead of the tray lifting up when fully inserted the tray is now tilted towards the back of the machine only allowing a little bit of the rollers to contact the paper and hence causing the 501 error. a bearing or a sintered roller would be a good modification in future designs .... not a fun job to replace but better than the toner supply augers on a 406ci. i'm gonna make the boss do the next one....
    The nice thing about tray 2 issues is that you can pull out tray 1 and watch. No such luck in your case.

But glad it worked out, a big attaboy to TonerKiller!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    kyocera CS3011I 0501 jam error HELP

Wow! Significant wear! =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Hi, can you give me the part code of this parts ?
    Thankyou.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

check the 16th post in this thread the pics have the part numbers.

worst thing about this one was. got it fixed brought it back worked great. but customer had bad taste in mouth so traded in for a 3012i. 4 months later guess what I'm replacing in their office on the new machine..... ugh....

check the 16th post in this thread the pics have the part numbers.

worst thing about this one was. got it fixed brought it back worked great. but customer had bad taste in mouth so traded in for a 3012i. 4 months later guess what I'm replacing in their office on the new machine..... ugh....
    I have the same problem on a 3012i right now, hope that kyocera will fix that rail....