Technician

fs4200 and P3060DN image problem

Im having a serious problem with my FS4200 and P3060DN, both show the same exact problem. After print serveral pages some time after 1000 other times after 200 the image begin to fade to almost desapear in some areas of the print. Then it returns, like there is no toner or transfer. I have check the developer unit for toner and is loaded. Some times entire white pages come out. I don't know what can be. Those are some samples of the problem. i am printing in NCR paper. I have already printed 60000 pages without problem and now i got this one. Please Help .
    pag1.jpgpag2.jpgpag3.jpg

Technician

Re: fs4200 and P3060DN image problem

What is the thickness in grams of your NCR paper? Is the paper type set correctly in the driver?
    Try printing the same file on plain 80 grams of paper, will this problem recur?
    what is the thickness in grams of your NCR paper? Is the paper type set correctly in the driver?Try printing the same file on plain 80 grams of paper, will this problem recur?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Replace the developer clutch.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Sounds like dev clutch. Genuine toner?

Technician

Thanks, for your input. I am usign generic toner, not the original. It seems that the developing unit is wearing out faster than expected. I change it and the problem seems to be fixed.
    the NCR paper is 50gsm, i am using as light paper in the config.
    I have a new problem some tonner is beging to build on the drum, is hard fixed i have to remove it away with my nail as it too hard for the cleaning blade to remove it. Any ideas?
    When the paper comes out of the fuser there is a lot of steam, im not sure if that steam is causing the toner to fuse a little on the drum surface.
    Any help would be preciated.

There are a few types of NCR papers out there some work better than others. What you probably have is a two fold problem non-genuine toner and chemical from the NCR paper

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

These printers generally suffer no “strange” quality issues with genuine toner. This is a strange quality issue and you are using generic toners. That is your cause.
    I would from here put the machine into “developer” mode, vacuum out the entire contents of the dev unit and get a genuine cartridge or two. Put the dev back in and the new toner and let it run. It might take 15 mins to fill up and you should be back to normal.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

What "Ropariva" said..