Good print, bad copy.

Hay you guys, long time no post.
    If I may, I have a problem with a TA-2200. The print quality is acceptable but the copies are really bad and the whole page is much lighter than the original. The firmware is up to date and optics, main charge, transfer units are clean. The dev is, as the machine, on 147k and about 24 months old however the drum has been replaced and has only done 47K.
    I had a look at bulletins but could not find any obvious solution. Even the service manual is no help at this stage. I have played a bit with sim 63 and 65 but with no positive results.
    Any suggestions please?
    The product may be brilliant and the salesperson proficient, but if the technician isn’t efficient, then the story will end there.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Good print, bad copy.

Re: Good print, bad copy.

If your print quality is good you can quit worrying about drum/dev. Maybe the optics aren't as clean as you think or maybe you need to adjust the original settings ( text, photo, text-photo).

In any case copies will never be as good as prints.

A print is an original.
    A copy is a lossy version of an original.

Thanks darry1322,
    The optics only consist of a sealed CIS Assembly with no mirrors only 1x slit glass....
    I have also tried the original settings
    text, photo, text-photo but no major improvements.
    The quality however drops by about 30%-40% hence my worry. Fine print becomes blurred and some disappear completely.
    The product may be brilliant and the salesperson proficient, but if the technician isn’t efficient, then the story will end there.

May I add, the copy quality has become worse over time...

Quote Originally Posted by darry1322 View Post
    If your print quality is good you can quit worrying about drum/dev. Maybe the optics aren't as clean as you think or maybe you need to adjust the original settings ( text, photo, text-photo).

In any case copies will never be as good as prints.

A print is an original.
    A copy is a lossy version of an original.
    Maybe in the developer,just try to clean or replace
    ERROR HELP ME AND HELP YOU

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

By any chance does the MFP have a copy eco-mode and it's defaulted to this setting?

Technician

Cleaned slit-glass with what?

Windex vs alcohol or .....

GooGone.com has an orange cleaner that is safe and will clean what other stuff won't touch.

You do have copy samples from 6 months ago to compare with, right?

Best of luck,

Grey

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertK View Post
    May I add, the copy quality has become worse over time...
    This is typical for dirty optics. However like Geo said check out and turn off any toner save or eco mode if available.
    If original glass and slit glass both sides are clean I would suspect bad CIS maybe it looses intensity over the time.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Thank you all for your input. I confirmed that all the eco mode settings and so on was indeed off and not adjusted and decided to replace the CIS, it did not make any difference.

I searched further and found that the copy and scan default density can be increased in the user (system menu) maintenance/service setting to +3 and you would still be able to have the option to increase the density setting under the normal functions to another +3. So the machine now makes a decent copy as standard with the option of going darker for lighter originals.

Regards