Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: KFS Problems

  1. #1
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    7

    KFS Problems

    Hello

    I am based in the Uk and I am getting my fleet of 200 taskalfa 6052 and 3551 devices bringing up F60A followed some times with a c7620 id sensor calibration error.
    My firmware is on 2019.04.10 for the 6052 and 2019.05.21 for the 3551 which on the Kyocera European site is the latest.
    I have had this new monitoring system for two months now and I wish I had Kfm back, it may have been basic but at least it worked.
    The 6052 has had all sleep and power modes set to off.
    The 3551 only has the option to set the sleep mode which again I have set to off.
    There would appear to be no power mode on the 3551 range.

    Over the last three weeks the system has been fairly stable but this week is a different story.
    I have had over 15 devices with F60a today.
    When I look at the Kfs interface I currently have about 70 devices showing offline but when I take a look at my Kyocera net viewer they are all on line.
    I was advised to do a remote switch off/on when I web browsed my devices, which to do 70 odd is a big ask.
    So I attempted to do the first page of errors which was about 25 devices,once I had re started them I refreshed my Kfs page and they would then show the ready state.
    But then I noticed that certain devices which had come to ready then went back to showing offline 10 minutes later and I feel that I am going around in circles.
    I have been advised there may be issues with the European Kfs server but I am so fed up I have switched the dam thing off.
    If any one can help I would be grateful, to top this I am watching the news and bloody Brexit is on the tv.

  2. #2
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    526
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: KFS Problems

    I think that KFS is causing the f60a errors. I think that the C7620 is machine related.

  3. #3
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: KFS Problems

    I was on the line with customer service on wednesday and they mentioned that the F60A errors were due to some issues they were having server-side.

  4. #4
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    526
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: KFS Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Xer0615 View Post
    I was on the line with customer service on wednesday and they mentioned that the F60A errors were due to some issues they were having server-side.
    I am sure that there are different reasons for the F60a codes. But since I have never seen this code until recently, I am blaming it on KFS. I am sure Kyocera will figure it out and fix it.

  5. #5
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: KFS Problems

    Thanks for the reply, I also suspect it is to do with the server.

  6. #6
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts tmaged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Center of my Universe
    Posts
    1,320
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: KFS Problems

    We have had a bunch of the C7620 errors. Some on brand new machines. I basically diregard them, since the end user doesn't see them.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony


    www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

  7. #7
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    KFS Problems


    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Concord, NH
    Posts
    595
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: KFS Problems

    The F60A code is the units inability to communicate with the KFS server. In most cases the user never sees this and is just an annoying email report that you see from KFS. Have you turned off sleep mode for the network interface? If the network interface is in sleep when the unit is trying to communicate with KFS it will trigger the F60A code [unable to communicate with KFS]. Our standard practice now in setting up units is to turn off sleep mode for both network and fax and it has mostly eliminated the F60A codes.

  8. #8
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: KFS Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    The F60A code is the units inability to communicate with the KFS server. In most cases the user never sees this and is just an annoying email report that you see from KFS. Have you turned off sleep mode for the network interface? If the network interface is in sleep when the unit is trying to communicate with KFS it will trigger the F60A code [unable to communicate with KFS]. Our standard practice now in setting up units is to turn off sleep mode for both network and fax and it has mostly eliminated the F60A codes.
    Hi Sandander, thanks for your advice.
    I can confirm that under energy saving settings and sleep rules, all network,fax, application,card reader etc are all set to off.

    At this moment I am not sure what is causing it, but because I am an onsite engineer my kfs dashboard gets stuffed up.
    Where each device should show ready, if the device has had a F60 code then it will show off line.
    I had 80 of these on Wednesday of last week and the only way to reset them on the dashboard is to web brows each device and reset the device that way as once offline you can not re start on the kfs portal. Not good and very time consuming which took me 4 hours to complete.

  9. #9
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    KFS Problems


    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Concord, NH
    Posts
    595
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: KFS Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by chester View Post
    Hi Sandander, thanks for your advice.
    I can confirm that under energy saving settings and sleep rules, all network,fax, application,card reader etc are all set to off.

    At this moment I am not sure what is causing it, but because I am an onsite engineer my kfs dashboard gets stuffed up.
    Where each device should show ready, if the device has had a F60 code then it will show off line.
    I had 80 of these on Wednesday of last week and the only way to reset them on the dashboard is to web brows each device and reset the device that way as once offline you can not re start on the kfs portal. Not good and very time consuming which took me 4 hours to complete.
    Under U346 you can turn off auto sleep entirely. Had a unit that has been installed for nearly two years suddenly have the phenomenon of the touch screen being frozen according the user, first thing in the morning. Whenever we arrived on site everything was operating normally. This was after a FW update a few days earlier via KFS. Completely turned off auto sleep and have not had an issue since. You may want to try turning off auto sleep in the MM on a few units that are giving you problems. If they disappear in your dashboard, then you could proceed to do the same for the rest. Not an easy solution, but it may help solve the issue. Hope this helps.

  10. #10
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: KFS Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    Under U346 you can turn off auto sleep entirely. Had a unit that has been installed for nearly two years suddenly have the phenomenon of the touch screen being frozen according the user, first thing in the morning. Whenever we arrived on site everything was operating normally. This was after a FW update a few days earlier via KFS. Completely turned off auto sleep and have not had an issue since. You may want to try turning off auto sleep in the MM on a few units that are giving you problems. If they disappear in your dashboard, then you could proceed to do the same for the rest. Not an easy solution, but it may help solve the issue. Hope this helps.
    Hi Santander

    Many thanks for going out of your way on this one, I will try the U346 and let you know at a later date how I get on.
    I have been told by my manager that a new firmware will be available next month for various Kfs issues, so it is some comfort that it is not just me.
    Once again many thanks

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here