Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Kyocera 406ci - dead

Have a 406ci that is dead other than the fan running on the Main PWB. Checked the voltage on the Power supply PWB and there is 5v out present, but not getting any 24v or 100v output any where only 5v. Replaced the Power supply PWB, check the on/off switch and it seems OK. What to check next. Good power source at the wall. What to check next?

Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyocera 406ci - dead

Re: Kyocera 406ci - dead

Quote Originally Posted by kuby View Post
    Have a 406ci that is dead other than the fan running on the Main PWB. Checked the voltage on the Power supply PWB and there is 5v out present, but not getting any 24v or 100v output any where only 5v. Replaced the Power supply PWB, check the on/off switch and it seems OK. What to check next. Good power source at the wall. What to check next?

Thanks
    Since you said that you replaced the power source PWB with a new/known good one and you are still getting the same symptoms, you have a short somewhere. Disconnect the output connectors on the power source PWB and check the output voltages. You could then start plugging in one connector at a time to locate the bad board or harness, but you said that the AC100 was not present I would start with the fuser.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by kuby View Post

Thanks
    Are you now getting all the correct outputs from power supply pwb after replacing?

Replaced the Main PWB and it started up. OK

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera 406ci - dead

The first time this came up for me I was working on Sharp Dragon I. It was a couple years ago.

I had a dead AR-M700N, and the good fortune to have a parts donor in the office. This series did not yet marry the boards to the machine so I could swap boards to my hearts content. I too started with the power supply, no difference. The 5vdc was there, but nothing else. The main controller did the trick, now I know why:

Most machines now provide only the 5vdc to the main controller to boot up, before another signal is sent from the main controller back to the power supply to send the rest of the voltages. These are digital signals, so it's not like you could put your meter on the line and check for something specific. The power supply will not send the rest of the voltages until it gets its cue. The next time this comes up it will wake up some of those dusty brain cells: "hey, I think I've seen this before ..." =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=