Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

5052ci Fax Reception problems code U01194

maybe someone can offer some advice. Recently installed a Taskalfa 5052ci to replace a Taskalfa 4551ci. Customer indicates since new machine has been installed they don't receive faxes from Answering Service. Customer still has analog line, replaced phone cord, but line sounds clean. Went through Kyocera's VoiP settings anyway, no help. Tried installing new Fax System12 and re-flashed firmware update, no help. Spoke with Hotline, they sent test fax and received same error. My office and a couple other offices send with no problem. I installed an FS-1135 loaner, same problems from answering service, but now Kyocera hotline will successfully transmit. I printed Fax Soft switch settings and changed 5052ci to match, now hotline successfully connects with 5052ci. Answering service does not. Answering service has a stand alone fax with transmits successfully. I spoke with Answering service tech, he indicates the faxes are sent through an old PC Modem, and no other customers are having problems. Drop RX Speed down, played with Db Levels, still no help. I installed an old Samsung MFP, now the service can transmit to it. Any one have any ideas how i can get the 5052ci to receive from this old PC modem? Hot line has run out of ideas.

Re: 5052ci Fax Reception problems code U01194

Do a fax reset back to factory settings to start with. turn off v34

what did you set the receive modem speed to?
    Slow down the transmission speed. Set the BAUD rate of the fax machine to 9600 bps or even lower (7200 bps would be the next slower setting)

if needed set 4800

Is the fax line a modem you may need to add a dsl filter. Kyocera has nothing, but other companys are build in that may explain why the Samsung works
    Last edited by bsm2; 08-28-2019 at 02:37 AM.

Re: 5052ci Fax Reception problems code U01194

yes, i reinitialized the fax to factory and even tried a new fax board System 12 out of the box, after it failed i updated firmware. When i spoke to a rep from the sender, they told me their xmit speed is 9600, i changed the rx speed to 9600 with no better result. they tried 7200 and 4800 bps, in turn i changed the RX speed, but still failed. Thank you for the DSL line filter suggestion, i'm going to try to dig one up and see if it makes a difference.