Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

M6635cidn KFS says off line - but we can print to it fine ??

Have a M6635cidn that is working OK but KFS sees it as OffLine. U520 on the copier you can go in and take it off and then go to the web interface and reinstall it. But the M6635cidn only has a TDRS , ON or OFF, for u520. Does this do the same thing or how do you take it off KFS and reinput the code and bring it back. Do not want to delete the customer.

Last edited by kuby; 08-28-2019 at 10:48 PM.

Re: M6635cidn KFS says off line - but we can print to it fine ??

Well tried turning it OFF and it indeed turn off the Remote Services so you can re-register your product. But now is gives me a error, Cannot register to the server. Network error. Guess I will try again in the morning.

Anyone seen this message and figured out how to fix it.

Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    M6635cidn KFS says off line - but we can print to it fine ??

Has the customer's IT made any changes to the network? Had a case 9 months ago where 20+ machines at a customer went "offline" that had been working fine. Their IT department claimed they had not made any changes that would block the machines from contacting the KFS server. A month later all the units came back on line with the customer's IT saying they had made no changes? I doubt it. Just because KFS reports the unit offline does not mean you have a machine problem, it could be network restrictions that have been put in place, a proxy server, firewall blocking the port, or a network admin blocking the KFS website in DNS because they do not recognize the website. Case in point, have a state agency that has 28 units, 26 are on the same IP segment and run through a server, two others are on a different IP segment that runs through a different server. 26 units can access KFS the two on the other server cannot, IT claims both servers are setup the same?! Really?

Don't think anything has changed, this is our network. We have other Kyocera machines that are still online, just this one went Off Line.

Technician

This case happens a lot with our Kyocera M3550s. KFS reports that the device is offline, but users are still able to print. We usually just go into the web interface to restart. Management Settings > Reset > Restart Device. That usually brings it back online on KFS.

As for the "Cannot register to server" error, try Management Settings > Reset > Restart Network. Then re-enter KFS settings.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kuby View Post
    Well tried turning it OFF and it indeed turn off the Remote Services so you can re-register your product. But now is gives me a error, Cannot register to the server. Network error. Guess I will try again in the morning.

Anyone seen this message and figured out how to fix it.

Thanks
    When you do a U520 and take it off KFS you must also go to KFS and delete it there, otherwise KFS still thinks it is registered to "somebody." I usually delete from KFS, then U520 and then re-register. It usually works. Also input 8.8.8.8 as the secondary DNS, as per Kyocera's directions. I don't know why but this makes a difference.

Also make sure the device has the latest firmware (M6630cidn/M6635cidn Firmware v07/19) as Kyocera is constantly "fixing" KFS issues.

Thanks Gene, tried that and it did not work either. Finally had to restore to default and reset it back up. Was not much of a pain but it works know.

Thanks for all the advice and help.