Thread: FTP Setup

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

FTP Setup

I am trying to setup FTP scanning due to a customer who has a 2560 on a Windows 10 network and it refuses to scan SMB anymore. I am using FileZilla as an FTP server. I am using an M2535 to scan from to try the setup. I have the server setup and can access it from another client. When I try to setup the FTP setting in address book on the MFP, the machine goes blank and the error light comes on and the command center gives a 404 error until I restart the mfp. Would love any help for this.

Thanks,
    Doug

Service Manager 100+ Posts eddie110171's Avatar

Re: FTP Setup

It will work you just have to enable SMB 1.0 client and server in windows features. Restart computer after changing the settings. Works like a champ.

Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

SMB V1 is being turned off for a reason. The next Windows update will disable the SMB V1 again.

For the FTP I would suggest using Quick n Easy FTP Server Lite

Quick 'n Easy FTP Server Lite

Works just as well and not nearly as complicated and robust as Filezilla. Just keep in mind and use "/" or "" for the path, I do not remember which it is. This will put the scans into the default folder that is you main FTP folder. If you have subfolder that you want to use then put the sub-folder name for path.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

@mincopier

Thanks for this app, it works like a charm, even though it's from 2007 and made for windows Vista. The path is just "/" in Command center if you want scans to go to the folder you've defined in the app itself. The username and password are also those you enter in the app config. The last thing you need for this to work is to allow the app in the firewall popup after you initiate the scan. In my case, I had to click on "Show server log" for it to pop.
    Last edited by Kyo fan; 09-12-2019 at 10:39 AM. Reason: typo

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    FTP Setup

you setup the folder on the pc? pointed filezilla to that folder with the permissions? i have had filezilla work well in the past. though i could forsee win10 being some type of issue.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Filezilla is a great app, especially for free. I just feel it is a little to robust for most scanning needed from an MFP/MFD.