Thread: Recommendation

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Recommendation

Recommendation

HI
    Originally customer wanted a Xerox,,But after hearing from some techs Im trying to steer customer
    to Kyocera or Copystar which Im more familiar with servicing
    Customer is looking for a monochrome copier that Copies,Prints,Faxes and Scans(in color).
    He needs 11x17 and volume is about 3000-3500 a month.
    Does anyone have a good recommendation?I have access to purchase Kyocera and Copystar so
    your imput is welcomed and appreciated
    Thank you
    Andy

Defective Technician 50+ Posts

Re: Recommendation

I would sell them the CS-3212, has everything you are looking for and is a good machine for that volume. CS-4003i is even better but the deals on the 3212's right now can't be beat. If you're in Brooklyn NY call Tri State, they have the best prices of all the wholesalers.

Recommendation

so you have access to purchase either brand of copier? and yet you have no clue as to what the specs are for each model? seriously???

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by dalewb74 View Post
    so you have access to purchase either brand of copier? and yet you have no clue as to what the specs are for each model? seriously???

Yeah I can't believe the nerve on that guy; coming to a forum frequented by thousands of copier technicians, many-- if not most-- of whom have more experiance and knowledge than him, and requesting assistance and recommendation.

Seriously, the audacity...........................

Recommendation

Hi
    Thank you Xer0615.As far as DWEB74 he is an angel tech visiting us from heaven.
    I have serviced copiers and printers for over 40 years,surviving week to week on my own the last 10 years.I have not sold a machine in 10 years .I service
    any printer,fax ,copier,shredder that any one calls me about ,jack of all trades,master of none.I cannot tell you how a specific series of machines are as being reliable as I
    usually only see one model of any machine I work on.If I cant fix machine,I dont charge unless I KNOW what the problem is,
    So if a customer asks about a machine to purchase I DEPEND on the experience of my fellow techs who regularly work on these machines and get to know
    how a particular series is like I knew 30 years ago.
    AGAIN THANK YOU Xer0615
    ANDY