Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Kyocera Ecosys M5526cdw

I have a Kyocera Ecosys M5526cdw that is printing docs with horizontal lines. Black line on B/W images, color line on color image. Cleaned the K charge roller and the transfer roller on rear door. Fuser looks new. Machine has 27,300 pages run through it. Nothing has made a difference.20191001104040202.pdf

Re: Kyocera Ecosys M5526cdw

I'd look @ repetitive defects gauge in service manual and see what it matches up with. I would guess drums just from what i'm seeing.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I would be looking at the primary transfer unit and firmware upgrade.
    There is a bulletin for a new style transfer assy and firmware for lines

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

[QUOTE=FriendlyTech;827199]I'd look @ repetitive defects gauge in service manual and see what it matches up with. I would guess drums just from what i'm seeing.[

Went back this morning to try something different and found the MFC was printing beautifully. No lines at all. Only thing I could think of was a power fluctuation of unknown origin. Thanks for the response.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

[QUOTE=jrob416;827284]
    Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyTech View Post
    I'd look @ repetitive defects gauge in service manual and see what it matches up with. I would guess drums just from what i'm seeing.[

Went back this morning to try something different and found the MFC was printing beautifully. No lines at all. Only thing I could think of was a power fluctuation of unknown origin. Thanks for the response.
    Likely machine has sat for a while and there was moisture between belt and drums. Just needed some time and some copies.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I have problem with copying (black or color): very faded picture. Before I will change CIS (scanner), it is possible to calibrate scanner? In user manual nothing... Printing is good quality /printing the configuration page from machine is good quality, too/.
    I have no access to service manual. And at the Kyocera driver website: no firmware available for download.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera Ecosys M5526cdw

Quote Originally Posted by spree View Post
    I have problem with copying (black or color): very faded picture. Before I will change CIS (scanner), it is possible to calibrate scanner? In user manual nothing... Printing is good quality /printing the configuration page from machine is good quality, too/.
    I have no access to service manual. And at the Kyocera driver website: no firmware available for download.
    if you are an end user you will not see the firmware or service manuals.

for a small contribution to CTN you can get what you need: https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/v....php?do=donate