Technician

KFS Triple Tier Color

How come on some of the machines we have on KFS can see the triple tier copy counts and on others it doesn't show up ? Is it way we set up KFS on machine or settings some where in the KFS site ? Appreciate any help, thanks.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: KFS Triple Tier Color

Are you absolutely certain that 3-tier color has been turned on at the machine? If it is not enabled at the machine you won't see it on KFS.

Technician

I've had that problem, upgrading the firmware worked for me.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Three tier billing has to be enabled on the device, as standard this is off.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by lanierboy View Post
    Three tier billing has to be enabled on the device, as standard this is off.
    There are some devices, older desktop printer-only models, where a script has to be written for this to be enabled as well.

Had someone in our billing dept ask me to go out and find out why it wasn't reporting it's color tiers, got there and there were no tiers on the status page nor any simple way to enable it. Calling the kyo reps they informed me you basically had to program the function into the device-- Something I never pursued.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Xer0615 View Post
    There are some devices, older desktop printer-only models, where a script has to be written for this to be enabled as well.

Had someone in our billing dept ask me to go out and find out why it wasn't reporting it's color tiers, got there and there were no tiers on the status page nor any simple way to enable it. Calling the kyo reps they informed me you basically had to program the function into the device-- Something I never pursued.
    On the colour printers, not showing three tier billing , you have to enable three tier billing by sending three files to it by using ftp.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

To enable/disable 3 Tier counters:
    service mode
    mode U332
    Set Mode to 1 to enable or 0 to disable

Leave other settings as is for it to count properly. According to the bulletin, even when set to off these counters are still counting, just not shown on the status page.

Lightbulb Re: KFS Triple Tier Color

The others are correct. You will need to enable color tiers to see the counters.

For any devices with a maintenance mode this can be done in U332 by changing the mode to +1. You can even change this setting in KFS under Tasks -> Maintenance Mode. See attached.

Desktop printers have to be done with prescribe on-site or if you're feeling really ambitious, by remoting in and sending the scripts from the user's PC.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bobz1993; 10-08-2019 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Attachment fix

Technician

I guess should have explained bit better. The machines were having problems with do have three tier turned on, it shows up on the status sheet. It's just not showing in KFS in all cases. Are there other settings on the machine that need to be enabled other than just turning on three tier for it to report the three tier readings ?