Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician
    IB-51, KFS Gateway error "Failed to send data with Enhanced WSD over SSL"

We have a TA-3051ci with only a IB-51 wireless card. I called hotline and the IB-51 will not directly connect to KFS, but he suggested Gateway but he wasn't sure if Gateway would work.

I test setup the KFS Gateway in house to verify it would work and pickup our machines. It worked perfectly. We don't have an in house IB-51. I then installed it at the customer location and received a failure message in the logs: "Failed to send data with Enhanced WSD over SSL" So the machine doesn't register.

I had only a limited amount of time at the customer and will be heading back next week, so I'm wondering if the enhanced wsd over ssl in the Protocol section of the IB-51 command center is default off? I'm assuming turning it on, if off, would solve the problem?

Thanks.

Re: IB-51, KFS Gateway error "Failed to send data with Enhanced WSD over SSL"

If you are using KFS and input the customer code in the machine you do not need to load the Kyocera Gateway on a computer.

Add the customer to KFS. It will give you a code. Setup the machine at the customers location and log into the machine thru the IP address. Make sure you have the correct IP information, gateway, domain etc. Go to Remote Services and turn it on and it will ask you on the Setting tab https://rfs-us.kyocera.biz and then input the customers Access Code in. The machine should show up in a few minutes in KFS.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by kuby View Post
    If you are using KFS and input the customer code in the machine you do not need to load the Kyocera Gateway on a computer.

Add the customer to KFS. It will give you a code. Setup the machine at the customers location and log into the machine thru the IP address. Make sure you have the correct IP information, gateway, domain etc. Go to Remote Services and turn it on and it will ask you on the Setting tab https://rfs-us.kyocera.biz and then input the customers Access Code in. The machine should show up in a few minutes in KFS.
    So I tried that originally but it comes up with no network connection when I try to register. It only has the IB-51 and no LAN cable.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dschultz31 View Post
    So I tried that originally but it comes up with no network connection when I try to register. It only has the IB-51 and no LAN cable.
    well if it has no Cat45 cable how do you expect it to connect to anything ?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    well if it has no Cat45 cable how do you expect it to connect to anything ?

I would guess through the IB-51 wifi connection.

These wifi add-ons are kind of peculiar. Maybe the machine can't use this network connection to communicate with KFS. Just guessing though. That's the first thing I'd try to verify through tech support.

IB-51 is a pain, I refuse to use them. Typically I get something like this https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Wirel...eywords=wr802n
    which I realize doesn't help you in your case as you don't have a spot for a network cable.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by darry1322 View Post
    I would guess through the IB-51 wifi connection.

These wifi add-ons are kind of peculiar. Maybe the machine can't use this network connection to communicate with KFS. Just guessing though. That's the first thing I'd try to verify through tech support.
    I called the hotline originally and he wasn't sure if it would work or not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ So I'll be back to the customer next week and spend a little more time on it. If I had one in house to play with, it would be nice.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyTech View Post
    IB-51 is a pain, I refuse to use them. Typically I get something like this Robot Check
    which I realize doesn't help you in your case as you don't have a spot for a network cable.
    Your wifi AP is a great idea for the future. This customer has wifi and I could use this AP to connect to the MFP's LAN adapter. This is the first time using the IB-51, we probably would have gone a different direction knowing that KFS doesn't play nice.

Thanks

May not be a card issue could be a router issue. Ask Kyocera what port it uses and than use port forwarding in the router

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I would say it won't work. Any machine that CAN connect to KFS on it's own, will only do so once when installing the gateway. After that, the machine has to connect direct. Go back in & look at your machines & KFS and they'll now be connected directly, if they are capable of that.
    As Friendlytech suggested, we use the the Buffalo brand wireless bridge. Have been using bridges for about 10 years with very little problems.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook