Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Kyocera 3050ci fax, confirmation and scanning and forwarding

OK I have a feeling I know the answers but here it goes. have a client that replaced a Samsung scx6345 with a Kyocera 3050ci......
    all mac environment. they used to scan to email. forward faxes to email print confirmation pages on demand from a specific tray and print to fax.
    the scan to email would have a subject of scan and the forwarded faxes a subject of fax.
    i got the scan to email working and the forwarding working. but not with function specific subjects. cant figure out how to print confirmation pages on demand or from a specific tray. can they print to fax from a mac?
    Any help or confirmation is much appreciated.

Andy

Technician

Re: Kyocera 3050ci fax, confirmation and scanning and forwarding

Quote Originally Posted by printlessguy View Post
    OK I have a feeling I know the answers but here it goes. have a client that replaced a Samsung scx6345 with a Kyocera 3050ci......
    all mac environment. they used to scan to email. forward faxes to email print confirmation pages on demand from a specific tray and print to fax.
    the scan to email would have a subject of scan and the forwarded faxes a subject of fax.
    i got the scan to email working and the forwarding working. but not with function specific subjects. cant figure out how to print confirmation pages on demand or from a specific tray. can they print to fax from a mac?
    Any help or confirmation is much appreciated.

Andy
    Here's a few documents to help with email subject settings, fax subject settings and Mac print to fax.

Mac print to fax.pdf
    fax forward.pdf
    email subject.pdf

For fax send reports you can set it to print a report automatically for every transmission, I'm not sure about printing one on demand. Nor have I seen the ability to choose a specific tray for confirmation reports. The report setting is in System Menu > Report > Result Report Setting > Send Result Report > Fax.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera 3050ci fax, confirmation and scanning and forwarding

I believe on Kyocera's you don't choose the tray, you select a specific media type for all faxes and fax reports. So if you want your faxes and fax reports on paper from a specific tray select the media type you want faxes to go onto, then select a tray and set that tray to the specific media type. I usually create a Custom media type renamed "Fax". And the size must be set to Auto (Inch) or Auto (Metric), not a specific size.

It's in the System Menu. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

thank you both for the great information. in regards to to air print and the 3050 its will work with the print and scan options but not the fax. the machine according to air print isn't compatible. I will try to set up the other things. thanks