Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar

KX Driver 7.3+ Job Accounting Settings

Hello Everyone!

Ever since they came out with the KX driver V7.3 or 7.4, I have been having issues getting the job accounting code to stick in the driver.

It doesn't seem to matter whether I specify an account ID, display a list, or have the customer type in the code each print. Often when I set the parameters in:
    Printer properties --> device settings --> Administrator... --> Job Accounting,
    After applying the settings If I try to print something, it has a "Incorrect account ID" error on the copier. If I go back into the Job Accounting parameters, Job Accounting is unchecked.

If I repeat the process several times, eventually the Job Accounting settings finally stick. There have been a select few cases where I am forced to use an older KX V7.1 driver and there's no problem (Other than not being officially compatible with the new product).

When adding the printer, I make sure to not only delete the printer, but also go into the print server settings and delete any Kyocera driver listed before installing the new driver. I have experimented with the "Upgrade" option in the setup program with the same results. I have also used the "Uninstall" option in the setup program followed by a reboot with the same results. I have NOT attempted to edit / delete anything from the registry.

given that it happens at almost every location that needs Job Accounting codes, I'm assuming this is a common problem? Has anyone found a solution?

Thank you!

Re: KX Driver 7.3+ Job Accounting Settings

Glad to hear its not just happening to me. I have yet to find a solution, as you said in your post, setting it several times in a row seems to get it to work.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Yeah, have seen it too.....just thought it was old age catching up with me KX Driver 7.3+  Job Accounting Settings

Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar

This shouldn't be necessary to complete this simple task, but I did find the registry entry for job accounting settings. Obviously wouldn't recommend messing around with the registry unless you're experienced in doing so, and obviously make a backup before doing anything, but here is where the job accounting settings are stored. I assume no responsibility if you mess something up in the registry!:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlS et\Control\Print\Printers\**NAME_OF_PRINTER_HERE** \PrinterDriverData\Setup

JobAccountingRegEdit.jpg

I won't go into too much detail but Blocks labeled "A" have to do with the type of job accounting that is enabled, as well as whether job accounting itself is enabled. Block labeled "B" have to do with the user code entered if "Use specific account ID" is enabled.

Just did this at a customer's office after I couldn't get the settings to stick and it worked.

Really though, I think this is ridiculous and I'm just going to recommend using an older KX V 7.3 driver that doesn't have this problem. But, if you want to play around with the settings and see what changes in the registry, that's where to look.

Remember not to add or delete any data, only change the data, or you might end up with a booklet fold attachment for your document processor!

DP BF Attachment.jpg

We had something very similar to this the other day, after scratching our head for a while and changing various things, we unticked "spool documents" and ticked "spool directly at the printer" in the advanced tab of the print driver, that worked for us, no more incorrect login message on the copier.

Quote Originally Posted by vedder View Post
    We had something very similar to this the other day, after scratching our head for a while and changing various things, we unticked "spool documents" and ticked "spool directly at the printer" in the advanced tab of the print driver, that worked for us, no more incorrect login message on the copier.

Update driver to Kyocera KX Print Driver Kyocera KX driver installation files 7.5.0807

After you had set all the job accounting settings, click OK all the way until you exit printer properties.
    Do not set any other configuration (eg lock setting - Black & White Mode Only), else the job accounting tick may gone.
    Thereafter re-enter printer properties to do your other settings.

Hope it help.