Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Kyocera M2035 Drum Stuck

I have a customer where their employee jammed the drum into the machine and now the drive gear below the drum won't slide out of the way to let the drum come out. Has anyone else had this happen and what is needed to be replaced to fix this? I have looked through past posts and looked through the parts book, but I am not seeing it yet.

Thanks for your help,
    Doug

Multibrands Tech 250+ Posts rapidocument's Avatar

Re: Kyocera M2035 Drum Stuck

Do you mean the transfer roller gear? (its under the drum, left side), if its that one, try this. look at the right side of the transfer roller, there is a plastic bushing holding it in place, pop it out and extract the roller to the right, then the gear, bushing and spring from the left side will fall off, clearing the way for you to take the drum unit out.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyocera M2035 Drum Stuck

The drum drive gear on the RH side does not move. As state in an earlier post, if you are referring to the transfer roller drive gear on the left side, there is a white cantor levered lever that depresses the transfer roller until the drum is installed. You could try using a small flat blade screwdriver to lift up on the lever to help depress the transfer roller while extracting the drum assembly. Per chance did the user dislodge the drum shutter? Had a few cases where the users grabbed the shutter instead of the green finger tabs dislodging the shutter and when re-inserted the shutter getting stuck on the transfer roller. Hope this helps a little.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

IMG_20191117_221604 (Small).jpgThis is the gear in question. When trying to remove the drum, it hangs up on this gear. I have never had another machine do this before.