Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Very odd account track network print issue.

Hi Guys,

I wonder if you can help. We have installed 2 x Utax 3207Ci (re-badged Kyocera TaskAlfa 3253Ci)’s in a school.

The requirement is that it is locked down with account track and private print enabled in preference default. We have programmed all the accounts in. All tested for login. Installed the KX driver (Version 7.5.0806) on a server (2016). Sent a test page with the account track box pop up for code and then private print code box pop up. All tested ok.

Rolled the driver out to the users – They’re running both Win 7 and 10. Tested ok.

Once the user ran a print from a Microsoft office program, the pop box comes up asking for code. Job goes with the account track code but at the machine it errors saying invalid account code. From further tests it is apparent that the only thing you can send is a test page or Notepad/wordpad document which will print out successfully.

We tested further by inputting the account track code and saving it in the driver and turning private print off. Again the machine errors. We have tested by installing the driver locally to a users machine and the same thing happens. We have also used the account track function of validate username (computer) or prompt for code. The same error occurs.

It is as if somewhere over the network it loses the account credentials in the print job.

I have sent the job as a network admin to think it might be a rights issue but the same thing happens.

The machine is running the latest firmware.

Has anyone ever come across anything like this? Any help is appreciated, I’m pulling my hair out and there isn’t that much to go at anymore!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Exclamation Re: Very odd account track network print issue.

Are you using the Utax coded driver?

Job accounting and private print both encrypt the authentication data. If you loaded a Copystar or Kyocera coded print driver it won't be able to decrypt the authentication data at that Utax. Very common issue. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Very odd account track network print issue.

I just ran into this yesterday on a Copystar 306ci. The same thing happened to me only using Microsoft Word everything else prints fine. The only way I could get it to work is to add the codes to a list then choose display list. When I click print the list is displayed and if I choose a code it prints fine. It's only when prompt for code is enabled that it refuses to print. I'm looking for a solution for this also. I'm not sure if it has the latest firmware or not, I need to update it the next time I go there.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Are you using the Utax coded driver?

Job accounting and private print both encrypt the authentication data. If you loaded a Copystar or Kyocera coded print driver it won't be able to decrypt the authentication data at that Utax. Very common issue. =^..^=
    Hi Blackcat,

Thanks for your reply. I've attached a screen shot of the driver info. It is all kyocera from the looks (It's the latest full function driver from UTAX's website). The only other driver that seems to be not a mini driver is a KPDL driver. I've just installed this one but its looks stripped down without alot of the functions required. I did forget to mention however that at one point their IT tried removing (and I can't remember the exact term used) but a data encryption that comes with windows 7 and some started working. It didn't work on the Win 10 machines and now the win 7 has stopped working. We've got 100's of UTAX's out with quite a few utilising account track. This is the first time this has happened and they're all on KX universal drivers. so it's a real head scratcher.

Still waiting for a response from UTAX.

@allstar It's worth a try. Only problem is it'll display everyones account codes to everyone else.

Is there any other authentication method apart from username (computer) or code - Built in feature. It's a school, they like things at no extra cost! ha. At the moment we have the machine locked down with codes but it will accept print jobs without a code which isn't ideal.

01.jpg

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I worked for a Copystar dealer for 8 years and every driver I installed said "Copystar" not Kyocera, not Utax. Advanced functions do not work with another branded driver. Sorry, I have no experience with Utax to rely upon. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

In the advance tab of the Printer Properties, make sure that "Enable advanced printing features" is not checked.

certified scrub 500+ Posts

Bypass print spooler.

Under advanced, pick "print directly to the printer"

As to why, dunno, but it works.

*works with all the kyocera in the past, hopefully this helps.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

The universal Kyo/Copystar/Utax print driver [they are all the same] does not support the account tracking. Install the full KX driver instead and you should have your problem resolved. As you state the universal driver looks stripped down and it is, it is only a small subset of the full KX driver. I have run into this several times with state agencies where their IT department has installed the universal driver and the users are looking to utilize features that only will work with the full KX driver.

Thumbs up Re: Very odd account track network print issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jmaister View Post
    Bypass print spooler.

Under advanced, pick "print directly to the printer"

As to why, dunno, but it works.

*works with all the kyocera in the past, hopefully this helps.

Thanks jmaister!

Went out and it worked perfectly. Removed all the drivers, packages and ports (I think the IT dept had been playing). Re-installed the KX driver (latest) on the server. programmed in the account track codes - Failed on a users PC. Did the print directly to printer option and it worked straight away.

I think it must be a permissions thing on the school network and users sending info through the server print spooler?? I don't know. It works though! thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by vedder View Post
    Thanks jmaister!

Went out and it worked perfectly. Removed all the drivers, packages and ports (I think the IT dept had been playing). Re-installed the KX driver (latest) on the server. programmed in the account track codes - Failed on a users PC. Did the print directly to printer option and it worked straight away.

I think it must be a permissions thing on the school network and users sending info through the server print spooler?? I don't know. It works though! thanks!!

"P
    rint directly to printer" will resolve job accounting & private print issue.
    Just to take note on heavy print jobs will jam up the Q & spool to do some features like booklet printing & etc, it may stuck at print Q easily.

There are some conflicts on KX driver & Microsoft Enable advanced printing features.
    My advice is to untick "Enable advanced printing features"